Naoetsu Station (直江津駅 Naoetsu-eki) is a railway station in the city of Joetsu, Niigata, Japan, jointly operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East) and the third-sector railway operator Echigo Tokimeki Railway.
Naoetsu Station in March 2010
1-1 Azuma-cho, Joetsu-shi, Niigata-ken 942-0003|
|Platforms||3 island platforms|
|Status||Staffed (Midori no Madoguchi)|
|Opened||15 August 1886|
2,203 daily (JR)|
1,514 daily (Echigo)
Naoetsu Station is served by the JR East Shinetsu Main Line, and is a terminus for the line, whose tracks are shared by the Hokuetsu Express Hokuhoku Line. The station also is served by the Echigo Tokimeki Railway Myōkō Haneuma Line and is located 37.7 kilometers from the starting point of the line at Myōkō-Kōgen and 75.0 kilometers from Nagano. On the Nihonkai Hisui Line, it is located 59.3 kilometers from the starting point of the line at Ichiburi and 353.8 kilometers from Maibara.
|1||■ Nihonkai Hisui Line||for Itoigawa and Tomari|
|2||■ Myōkō Haneuma Line||for Arai and Myōkō-Kōgen|
|3||■ Nihonkai Hisui Line||for Itoigawa and Myōkō-Kōgen|
|4||■ Shinetsu Main Line||for Arai and Myōkō-Kōgen|
|5||■ Myōkō Haneuma Line||for Arai, Myōkō-Kōgen|
|6||■ Shin'etsu Main Line||for Nagaoka and Niigata|
|■ Hokuetsu Express Hokuhoku Line||for Muikamachi and Echigo-Yuzawa|
|Shinetsu Main Line|
|Nihonkai Hisui Line|
|Myōkō Haneuma Line|
From 14 March 2015, with the opening of the Hokuriku Shinkansen extension from Nagano to Kanazawa, local passenger operations over sections of the Shinetsu Main Line and Hokuriku Main Line running roughly parallel to the new shinkansen line were reassigned to third-sector railway operating companies. From this date, Naoetsu Station became a boundary station between the Myōkō Haneuma Line (former JR East Shinetsu Main Line) and the Nihonkai Hisui Line (former JR West Hokuriku Main Line) of the Niigata-owned Echigo Tokimeki Railway Company.
In fiscal 2017, the Myōkō Hanauma Line portion of the station was used by an average of 1,516 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).In fiscal 2017, the JR portion of the station was used by an average of 2,203 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
- former Naoetsu City Office
- Naoetsu Port
- Sado Steam Ship Ferry Terminal
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 582. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- しなの鉄道（株）、えちごトキめき鉄道（株）、あいの風とやま鉄道（株）及びＩＲいしかわ鉄道（株）申請の第一種鉄道事業許可について [Details of railway business approval for Shinano Railway, Echigo Tokimeki Railway Company, Ainokaze Toyama Railway, and IR Ishikawa Railway]. News release (in Japanese). Japan: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. 26 February 2014. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- 平成29年度の乗車状況（平成29年4月1日～平成30年3月31日）［各駅の１日平均乗車人員 [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2016)] (in Japanese). Japan: Echigo Tokimeki Railway Company. 2017. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2017年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2017)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2018. Retrieved 11 September 2018.