This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||May 23, 1938|
|Alma mater||University College London|
|Sub-discipline||Colonial history of Mexico|
|Institutions||University of Pennsylvania|
|Notable works||Maya society under colonial rule: The collective enterprise of survival|
Nancy Marguerite Farriss was born on May 23, 1938. She specializes in the colonial history of Mexico, and completed her doctorate from University College London in 1965, after she earned a B.A. at Barnard College. This was followed by brief posts at the University of the West Indies, Jamaica and the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, VA. In 1971 she was appointed as Associate Professor of History at the University of Pennsylvania and continued there for the rest of her career, becoming Annenberg Professor of History in 1990. She is now professor emerita.
- Ecclesiastical immunity in new Spain 1760-1815 1965
- Crown and clergy in colonial Mexico, 1759-1821: the crisis of ecclesiastical privilege, Athlone Press, 1968
- Maya society under colonial rule: the collective enterprise of survival. Princeton University Press. 1984. ISBN 978-0-691-10158-3.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-06-17. Retrieved 2010-01-22.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Farriss, Nancy M. "Guide to the Nancy M. Farris, 1938 Papers 1959-1990" (PDF). University of Pennsylvania. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 March 2014. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-04. Retrieved 2010-01-22.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
Autor(es): Nancy Farriss. Traducción de María Palomar
ISBN 978-607-455-968-2 CNCA / ISBN 978-607-461-103-8 Artes de México Pasta: Rústica Número de páginas: 552 Idioma: Español Publicación: CONACULTA – INAH / Artes de México Precio: $600 Ciudad de publicación: México, D. F. País de publicación: México
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|