Margaret Anne Lake (born 27 July 1942), best known by her stage name Mystic Meg, is an English astrologer who has a regular astrology column in The Sun, and until its demise, the News of the World. She also hosts Mystic Meg's Wheel of Destiny for Sun Bingo. She came to greater public attention when she hosted what became a regular item on the first broadcast of the National Lottery draw in 1994. Her image also appears on various astrology-related books and merchandise.
|Born||27 July 1942|
Accrington, Lancashire, England
|Occupation||Newspaper and television astrologer|
In the first edition of the News of the World for each year, Mystic Meg traditionally made predictions for the coming twelve months. These predictions were a popular feature of the paper and garnered Meg many loyal fans.
In April 2015 Mystic Meg partnered with bookmaker Gala Coral Group and was the face of their Grand National "You’re Guaranteed a Fortune" marketing campaign. Images of Meg and her crystal ball featured in all of Coral's 1,850 shops via window posters and Coral TV
Meg owns a number of racehorses under the company name Mystic Meg Limited, which is based in Bedford. The horses include Astrodonna, Astroangel, and Astronova and other horses with celestial names.
In 2015 Meg launched a website, featuring horoscopes, personalised readings and a telephone hotline hosted by a selection of her favourite professional psychics. She left The Sun on 2 January 2015 but returned on 3 April 2016.
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | Mystic Meg". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. Archived from the original on 8 January 2007. Retrieved 18 November 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Miller, Compton (23 January 2006). "Inside Story: The big stars of astrology - Media - News - The Independent". News.independent.co.uk. Archived from the original on 5 July 2008. Retrieved 18 November 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- on YouTube
- "Coral teams with Mystic Meg for Grand National campaign". TheDrum.com. Retrieved 22 April 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "MYSTIC MEG LIMITED | Companies House Webcheck". Companiesgate.co.uk. Archived from the original on 23 March 2008. Retrieved 18 November 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "All Previous Runs for Horse Astrodonna (GB)". irishracing.com. Retrieved 18 November 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Astroangel". Racing Post. 2 June 2011. Archived from the original on 23 March 2008. Retrieved 18 November 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)