My Way (Willie Nelson album)
My Way is the sixty-eighth solo studio album by Willie Nelson. It was released on September 14, 2018, by Legacy Recordings. The album is a tribute to Frank Sinatra, who was a close friend of Nelson's. The album received the Grammy Award for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album, marking Nelson's 13th career Grammy win.
|Studio album by|
|Released||September 14, 2018|
|Genre||Country, Traditional pop|
|Producer||Buddy Cannon, Matt Rollings|
|Willie Nelson chronology|
|Singles from My Way|
Nelson first teased the album on April 27, 2018, while promoting his album Last Man Standing in an article published by Variety, saying that the Great American Songbook "is a deep well, because good songs never die. If it was good a hundred years ago, it's still good today."
The album was formally announced on July 19, 2018. It is a collection of songs closely associated with Frank Sinatra, whom Nelson first heard at 10 years old when Sinatra joined the radio program Your Hit Parade. Nelson and Sinatra were close friends and mutual admirers of each other's work. In the 1980s, the pair performed on the same bill at the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas and appeared together in a public service announcement for the Space Foundation.
The album's first single, "Summer Wind", was released on the same day, along with its accompanying music video.
On August 24, 2018, "I'll Be Around" was released as the album’s second single, with its music video premiering the same day.
The third single from the album, "One for My Baby (And One More for the Road)", was released on September 10, 2018, along with its music video.
|1.||"Fly Me to the Moon"||Bart Howard||2:44|
|2.||"Summer Wind"||Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer||3:23|
|3.||"One for My Baby (And One More for the Road)"||Harold Arlen, Mercer||3:59|
|4.||"A Foggy Day"||George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin||2:57|
|5.||"It Was a Very Good Year"||Ervin Drake||3:56|
|6.||"Blue Moon"||Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart||2:37|
|7.||"I'll Be Around"||Alec Wilder||2:59|
|8.||"Night and Day"||Cole Porter||2:48|
|9.||"What Is This Thing Called Love?" (featuring Norah Jones)||Porter||2:27|
|10.||"Young at Heart"||Johnny Richards, Carolyn Leigh||2:46|
|11.||"My Way"||Paul Anka, Claude François, Jacques Revaux||4:49|
|Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria)||58|
|Scottish Albums (OCC)||31|
|Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade)||75|
- "Willie Nelson - Summer Wind (Official Music Video)". July 19, 2018. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- "Willie Nelson - I'll Be Around (Official Music Video)". August 24, 2018. Retrieved August 24, 2018.
- Template:Metacrtiic album
- Betts, Stephen L. (July 19, 2018). "Hear Willie Nelson Sing Sinatra's 'Summer Wind' on New 'My Way' Album". Rolling Stone. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- "As 'Stardust' Turns 40, Willie Nelson Talks About the Great American Songbook". Variety. April 27, 2018. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- Staff, Variety (July 20, 2018). "Willie Nelson to Release Frank Sinatra Tribute Album 'My Way'". Variety. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- Betts, Stephen (July 19, 2018). "Hear Willie Nelson Sing Sinatra's 'Summer Wind' on New 'My Way' Album". Rolling Stone. Retrieved July 24, 2018.
- "Austriancharts.at – Willie Nelson – My Way" (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- "Official Scottish Albums Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved September 22, 2018.
- "Swisscharts.com – Willie Nelson – My Way". Hung Medien. Retrieved September 26, 2018.