Murder for Two is a musical comedy, with book and lyrics by Kellen Blair and book and music by Joe Kinosian. The musical is a whodunit for two actors, who both sing and play an onstage piano. One actor performs the role of a policeman investigating a murder, and the other performs the roles of all the suspects and other characters.
|Murder for Two|
|Book||Kellen Blair, Joe Kinosian|
The musical premiered at the Chicago Shakespeare Theater in 2011, where it won a Joseph Jefferson Award for Best New Musical. From 2013 to 2014, it ran off-Broadway at the McGinn/Cazale Theater and New World Stages in New York, where it was nominated for a Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Book of a Musical, as well as an Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding New Off-Broadway Musical. The musical toured the United States in 2015, has been licensed for performances in St. Paul, Fort Worth, Boston, and Seattle, and has been performed abroad in Canada, the United Kingdom, Argentina, and Chile.
- Isherwood, Charles (25 August 2013). "In the Musical 'Murder for Two,' One Man Is Many Suspects". The New York Times.
- Jones, Chris (17 May 2011). "Without a real killer, this 'Murder' a misdemeanor". The Chicago Tribune.
- Jones, Chris (7 November 2011). "'Madness' and 'Candide' are top Jeff Award winners". The Chicago Tribune.
- Isherwood, Charles (29 June 2014). "'Murder for Two' Moves to New World Stages". The New York Times.
- "2014 Drama Desk Award Nominations - GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE Leads with 12; Followed by BRIDGES, FUN HOME, ALADDIN, ROCKY & More". BroadwayWorld.com. 25 April 2014.
- Gans, Andrew (12 May 2014). "64th Annual Outer Critics Circle Award Winners Announced; Gentleman's Guide Wins Four Awards". Playbill.
- Gioia, Michael (2 December 2014). "Whodunit Musical Murder For Two Announces Tour Dates in Nine Cities". Playbill.
- "Park Square's 'Murder for Two' is more about fun than mystery". The Pioneer Press. 25 September 2015.
- Shaw, Punch (22 November 2016). "'Murder for Two' slays with music and mirth". The Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Aucoin, Don (27 November 2016). "A whimsical duo at the scene of the crime in Lyric Stage's 'Murder for Two' - The Boston Globe". The Boston Globe.
- Brendan, Kiley (4 October 2016). "How to build a theater season — ACT director John Langs takes us behind the scenes". The Seattle Times.
- Hobson, Louis B. (29 June 2017). "Stage West's Murder for Two relies on versatile actors in high-energy whodunnit". The Calgary Herald.
- Gardner, Lyn (31 January 2017). "Murder for Two review – hotshot duo deliver a musical whodunnit". The Guardian.
- ""Asesinato para dos" en el Cultural San Martín". Parabuenosaires.com (in Spanish). 8 May 2017.
- "Cuti Aste y José Martínez actúan, bailan y cantan en Las Condes". La Tercera (in Spanish). 24 June 2018.