Murat Yıldırım (actor)
Murat Yıldırım (born 13 April 1979) is a Turkish actor.
(m. 2008; div. 2014)
Murat Yıldırım was born in Konya, Turkey. His father is of Kurdish origin and was a teacher of literature. Yıldırım's father speaks Turkish and Kurdish. His mother is of Arab descent and speaks Arabic as well, but Murat Yıldırım is neither fluent in Kurdish nor Arabic. Due to his father's job Yıldırım grew up between Konya and Adana. He has two sisters.
He graduated in Mechanical Engineering from the Yildiz Technical University in Istanbul, Turkey and he has a keen interest in mathematics. His interest in music and theatre started early on in his life as well. As a student, Yıldırım played drums in a band. During his studying period he also started performing with his University's theatrical team and attending acting lessons.
After performing three years in theater, a writer who watched him perform in a comedy recommended him to attend a casting in Beşiktaş Kültür Merkezi. Thus he played his first minor role in Olumsuz Ask which was written by Yılmaz Erdoğan. Later he performed in Bütün Cocuklarim and in Büyük Yalan. He also had a brief appearance in the Turkish film Organize İşler. His first leading role was in the series Fitrina where he met his future first wife, Burçin Terzioğlu, the same year he got nominated for Golden Orange Award for Best Actor for his leading role in the film Araf.
In 2007 he starred in Asi which was nominated for the International TV Audience Award-Best Drama TV Series at the 51st Monte-Carlo Television Festival. During the filming of Asi he starred opposite Beren Saat in the movie Güz sancisi about Istanbul pogrom.
After the end of Asi Yıldırım agreed to act in Aşk ve Ceza. His next role, in 2012, was Ecevit in the series Suskunlar. In late 2014, Yıldırım returned on screens, after a break of one a half years, portraying Lieutenant Sadık Turan in the movie Kırımlı based on the autobiographical novel Korkunç Yıllar.
In 2015, he appeared as Sinan in the film adaptation of Turkey's 2014 best-selling novel Kocan Kadar Konuş "Kocan Kadar Konuş 2 Diriliş". The romantic comedy was released on 20 March 2015, to positive reviews. Due to its commercial success, a sequel was announced shortly after the film's release. The sequel, named Kocan Kadar Konuş-Diriliş was released on 1 January 2016. In middle 2015 Yıldırım signed a contract with O3 productions and MBC Group for an upcoming series, which eventually premiered in early 2016 under the title Gecenin Kraliçesi. In 2017, together with his wife Iman Elbani, he played in a music video for American singer Jessica Sutta's single, "When a Girl Loves a Boy".
Yıldırım met his first wife, Burçin Terzioğlu, while filming the TV series Fırtına. They were married from 2008 to 2014. He married the former beauty pageant title holder of Morocco and actress Iman Elbani on 25 December 2016. Elbani, who was pregnant with the couple's child, suffered a miscarriage in 2019. The couple suffered another miscarriage in 2020. Elbani has suffered a total of five miscarriages.
In October 2015, Yıldırım was sentenced to 10 months in prison by the Istanbul Heavy Penal Court No. 19 for using drugs, but was acquitted of charges of "establishing, managing and being a member of a drug organization". The court postponed the imprisonment because the sentence was less than a year.
|2015||Kocan Kadar Konuş||Sinan||The main role|
|2016||Kocan Kadar Konuş-Diriliş||Sinan||The main role|
|2017||Sonsuz Aşk||Can||The main role|
|2017||Ayla: The Daughter of War||Mesut|
|Ölümsüz Aşk||Supporting role|
|2004||Bütün Çocuklarım||Mesut||Supporting role|
|2007–2009||Asi||Demir Doğan||Main role|
|2009||Ey Aşk Nerdesin||Police officer||Guest|
|2010–2011||Aşk ve Ceza||Savaş Baldar||Main role|
|2012||Suskunlar||Ecevit (Şerif) Oran||Main role|
|2016||Gecenin Kraliçesi||Kartal||Main role|
|2020–2021||Ramo||Ramazan Kaya||Main role|
|2017–2019||Kim Milyoner Olmak İster?||Presenter|
- "Murat Yıldırım ile Burçin Terzioğlu boşandı". Ηurriyet.
- "Murat Yıldırım: 'Annem Arapça, babam Kürtçe konuşur'". Akşam. 3 February 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "Murat Yıldırım speaks with Ayşe Arman". Elele. Archived from the original on 15 October 2012. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 November 2012. Retrieved 20 October 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Kırımlı Murat". Hurriyet.
- "Kocan Kadar Konuş artık beyazperdede". Aksam.
- "Kocan Kadar Konuş'un 2. Filmi geliyor!". gecce.com.
- "Başrollerinde Ezgi Mola ve Murat Yıldırım'ın rol aldığı 'Kocan Kadar Konuş: Diriliş' filminin galası yapıldı". Hurriyet.
- "Meryem Uzerli ve Murat Yıldırım'ın Cannes çıkarması". Hurriyet.
- "Gecenin Kraliçesi 1. Bölüm Fragmanı Yayında". Hurriyet.
- "J Sutta – When A Girl Loves A Boy (Murat Yildirim and Iman Elbani) ft. Pitbull". YouTube (JessicaSuttaVEVO). 7 March 2017. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Murat Yıldırım ve Imane Elbani evlendi". Milliyet. 25 December 2016. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Murat Yıldırım ve eşi Faslı güzel İmane Elbani'den acı haber 'Hayırlısı Allah'tan'". Takvim. 2 August 2019. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "Murat Yıldırım ve İman Elbani'nin moral tatili". CNN Türk. 18 July 2020. Retrieved 18 July 2020.
- "Ünlülerin uyuşturucu davasında karar açıklandı". T24. 15 October 2015. Retrieved 16 October 2015.