Muintir na Tíre
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Muintir na Tíre (Irish pronunciation: [ˈmˠɪntʲɪɾʲ n̪ˠa ˈtʲiːɾʲə], meaning "People of the Country") is a national Irish voluntary organisation dedicated to promoting the process of community development. Canon John Hayes founded the organisation in 1937. It aims to enhance the capacities of people in communities, rural and urban, to become involved in local social, economic, cultural and environmental development. (From the Muintir na Tíre website).
|Type||Community development, rural development|
- Canon John Hayes Founder: 1937-1957
- Canon Maurice Morrissey 1957-1963
- Very Rev. Ray Browne 1963-1967
- Very Rev. Patrick Purcell 1967-1971
- Con Lucey 1973-1976
- Very Rev. John Stapleton 1976-1980
- Michael J. Lynch 1980-1983 & 1986-1994
- Lt. Col. Jim O’Brien 1983-1984
- Sean Hegarty 1984-1986 & 2001-2004
- Jim Quigley 1994-2001
- Margaret O’Doherty 2004-2007
The list was compiled from a picture supplied by Tom Fitzgerald, the Chief Administrative Officer from 1947 to his retirement.
- Lynch, Peter (26 December 2020). "Behold Aherlow website". Behold Aherlow.