Mr. Googz (real name Moffat Omari) is a musician from Kenya.
He grew up in Zimmermann, a suburb of Nairobi. He attended Ainsworth Primary School in Eastleigh, Nairobi and later Highway Secondary School. He teamed up with Vinnie Bantonn, thus forming a duo. They joined the Ogopa DJs record label. In 1998 they released the "Wasee (Githurai)" song, which became a national hit in Kenya. The song also featured Mr. Lenny and it was dedicated to Githurai, a suburb on the northeastern outskirts of Nairobi. In 2003, they left Ogopa DJs record label together with Longombas and Deux Vultures and formed their own label, Bad Man Camp.
Mr. Googz parted ways with Vinnie Banton in 2004 as both preferred solo careers. Mr. Googz turned from secular to gospel music in 2005. He released his first gospel album His Love in 2006. He has retained his popularity, even after the switch to gospel.
- Mwafrika.com: Mr. Googz
- The Standard, Pulse Magazine, April 15, 2009: Broken up by jealousy
- Kimani Njogu & Hervé Maupeu: Songs and politics in Eastern Africa. African Books Collective, 2007 ISBN 9987-449-42-5
- The Standard, February 2, 2009: Musical chairs in production houses
- Broken up by jealousy
- Daily Nation, Buzz Magazine, November 21, 2009: Mr Googz going big
- Binyavanga Wainaina: [https2oo3://books.google.com/books?id=ZMyU8n_fXXsC&pg=PA132&dq=%22mr.+googz%22#v=onepage&q=%22mr.%20googz%22&f=false Kwani? 1] Kwani Archive Online, 2003. ISBN 9966-9836-0-0
- Kora Awards: Nominees 2002 - Most Promising Male
- Kisima Awards nominees 2007 Archived 2011-07-22 at the Wayback Machine