Monroe Bank & Trust
Monroe Bank & Trust is a bank headquartered in Monroe, Michigan. It is a subsidiary of MBT Financial Corp., a bank holding company. It operates 20 branches, including 14 branches in Monroe County, Michigan and 6 branches in Wayne County, Michigan.
|Traded as||NASDAQ: MBTF|
Russell 2000 Index component
| Michael J. Miller , Chairman|
H. Douglas Chaffin, President & CEO
John L. Skibski, CFO
|Total assets||$1.347 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||$0.132 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
The bank was founded in 1905 as Monroe State Savings Bank.
In 1940, it acquired Dansard Bank.
In 1968, the bank changed its name from "Monroe State Savings Bank" to "Monroe Bank & Trust".
In 2001, the bank expanded into Wayne County, Michigan.
On July 12, 2010, the bank entered into a consent order with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation as a result of trouble in its loan portfolio. The consent order was terminated on July 3, 2014.
In June 2016, the company was added to the Russell 3000 Index and Russell 2000 Index.
- "MBT Financial Corp. 2017 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Monroe Bank & Trust Acquires All the Deposits of Main Street Bank, Northville, Michigan" (Press release). Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. October 10, 2008.
- "MBT Announces TARP/CPP Not Necessary" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. January 29, 2009.
- "MBT Consent Order Terminated, Optimistic Outlook" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. July 3, 2014.
- "MBT Added to Russell 2000 Index" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. June 27, 2016.