Monica Chakwera is the First Lady and wife to Dr. Lazarus Chakwera, President of the Republic of Malawi. Born on 30 September 1958, she comes from Mwazisi village, T/A Chikulamayembe, in Rumphi District, in the northern part of Malawi.
|Born||September 30, 1958|
|Known for||Malawi's First Lady|
|Spouse||Dr Lazarus Chakwera|
Early life and educationEdit
Monica Chakwera was raised in the northern part of Malawi. She is an Accountant and a qualified Social Worker with a Bachelor of Arts in Social Work Degree from the University of the North, in South Africa.
Marriage to Lazarus ChakweraEdit
Monica Chakwera married Lazarus on October 8, 1977. During their married life together, they have four children and grandchildren.
Monica Chakwera founded the Shaping Our Future Foundation, an organization that is concerned with the development of the village girl.
- ^ "From North Malawi: Can Monica Chakwera save the First Lady title". Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi. 2020-07-01. Retrieved 2021-09-09.
- ^ Fiko, Mike (2020-08-07). "Malawi: First Lady Opens Up - Born-Again Christian, Met Chakwera During Scom Meetings in College". allAfrica.com. Retrieved 2021-09-09.
- ^ Zimba, Steve. "First Lady Monica Chakwera courts Malawians In Diaspora On Social Work". www.zodiakmalawi.com. Retrieved 2021-09-09.
- ^ "Malawi on the road to 2014: Rev. Dr. Lazarous Chakwera | Malawi Nyasa Times – Malawi breaking news in Malawi". web.archive.org. 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2021-09-09.
- ^ "First Lady launches her charity organisation Soff to promote Malawi girl child". Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi. 2020-10-03. Retrieved 2021-09-09.