Mongla Port Authority is an autonomous organisation responsible for Mongla Port and is located in Mongla, Bangladesh. The Chairman of Mongla Port Authority is Rear Admiral Mohammad Musa, OSP, NPP, rcds, afwc, psc, PhD.
|Headquarters||Mongla, Bagerhat, Bangladesh|
|Rear Admiral Mohammad Musa|
|Affiliations||Ministry of Shipping|
|Website||Mongla Port Authority|
The port authority was established on 1987. In 2013 Mongla port awarded the contract for 5 vessels from Timblo Drydocks in Goa, India. Mongla Port Authority Chief Engineer Altaf Hussain was under investigation of Bangladesh Anti Corruption Commission for alleged grafts in awarding contracts. The same year the port authority signed a US$250 million deal with China for the modernisation of the Port. Dredging Corporation of India won a 1 billion rupee contract to dredge Mongla port from Mongla Port Authority in 2017.
The port is under the administrative control of the ministry of shipping, Govt. of the people's republic of Bangladesh. Chairman is the Chief Executive of the port authority. There is a board consisting of a chairman and three members i.e. Member (Finance), Member (Harbour & Marine), Member (Engineering & Development). The Board formulates the policy of operation, administration, finance & development of the port. there are 12 (Twelve) Departments to carry out day-to-day work of the authority. All activities of the port are controlled by the Ministry of shipping and monitoring by high powered parliamentary & Advisory Committees. The authority will recruit some personnel to speed their work in the port.
- "Mongla C&F want SRO to unload imports". Dhaka Tribune. 18 March 2017. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- "Enforcement of port state jurisdiction". The Daily Star. 6 September 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- "Rear Admiral Musa takes charge of Mongla Port". New Age | The Most Popular Outspoken English Daily in Bangladesh. Retrieved 14 November 2021.
- ইতিহাস (History). mpa.gov.bd. Mongla Port Authority. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- "Timblo Drydocks secures five-vessel order from Mongla Port Authority of Bangladesh". porttechnology.org. 15 August 2013. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- "Massive corruption under probe at Mongla port". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- "Bangladesh close to ink $6bn deal with China". Dhaka Tribune. 25 August 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- "Indian firm bags Bangladesh dredging contract". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- "Mongla Port Authority Job Circular". BD Teletalk. Retrieved 17 December 2019.