|Township||Mong Nawng Township|
|Time zone||UTC+6.30 (MST)|
Beginning on 6 October 2015 a large scale offensive by the Tatmadaw comprising 20 Burma Army battalions has been launched in central Shan State. The aim of the military is to seize Shan ceasefire territories in Kehsi, Mong Hsu and Mong Nawng townships, using heavy artillery and with fighter jet and helicopter gunship air support to indiscriminately shell and bomb civilian areas. These attacks have displaced thousands of Shan, Palaung, Lisu and Lahu people causing a new humanitarian crisis.
- Mong Naung Conflicts: Tatmadaw Launches Counter Attack
- Mong Nawng Map - Burma Google Satellite Map
- Imperial Gazetteer of India, v. 17, p. 408.
- "Southern Shan State". Thailand Burma Border Consortium. Archived from the original on March 28, 2010. Retrieved February 28, 2010.
- SSA-N Official: ‘We Will Not Let Them Take Our Headquarters’
- Attacks in central Shan State
- Burma Army Shelling and Aerial Bombing of 6,000 Civilians in Mong Nawng Town are War Crimes
- Rinderpest in Burma statistics