Moments of Clarity
|Moments of Clarity|
|Directed by||Stev Elam|
|Produced by||David J. Phillips |
|Written by||Christian Lloyd|
|Story by||Kristin Wallace|
|Music by||Zain Effendi|
|Edited by||Gordon Antell|
Long Stem Pictures
|Distributed by||Level 33 Entertainment|
Claire (Kristin Wallace) is a kind-hearted twenty-something who shares a deeply sheltered life with her loving but agoraphobic mother, Henrietta (Saxon Trainor), and discovers a much bigger world awaits her during a road trip to a youth retreat. Along the way, Claire is befriended by Danielle (Lyndsy Fonseca), an angry but well-intentioned girl who lives nearby with her father, Pastor Paul (Mackenzie Astin).
Determined to attend the retreat sponsored by Danielle's father, and with no notice to their parents or planning, they set out on a road trip in Claire's mother's barely functioning car. With new found freedom, Claire travels with Danielle to a long-awaited visit with her grandparents, who have not seen Claire in 12 years, largely due to misinformation from her fearful mother. They meet Trevor (A.J. Trauth), a wandering ukulele player who unwittingly creates a brief riff between the two girls. Later, having made up and giddy with wine they stumble upon a rave, hosted by Artemis (Xander Berkeley) whose partner (Eric Roberts), Hal, we find out later, is Claire's biological father.
With the help of a bored but helpful policewoman, (Bitty Schram), the anxious parents locate the girls and head off to get them. Chaos ensues as Claire's mother and Danielle's father descend on Hal's to find both girls recovering from a long night of partying. In short order, Claire also learns that Hal was an esteemed actor in pornographic films, while Danielle's father, desperate to connect with his only daughter, learns the truth behind the bottles of wine she was constantly leaving around the house.
After an awkward breakfast at Hal's, the group resolves to travel to the retreat and listens to Claire speak to the youth group where she nervously but with more confidence distills her last few days on the road into lessons and wisdom learned.
- Lyndsy Fonseca as Danielle
- Kristin Wallace as Claire
- Mackenzie Astin as Pastor Paul
- Xander Berkeley as Artemis
- Eric Roberts as Hal Spreadum
- Saxon Trainor as Henrietta
- Bitty Schram as Officer Lori
- Marguerite Moreau as Maryanna
- A.J. Trauth as Trevor
- Jon Lajoie as Carter
- David J. Phillips as Franky
- Angela McEwan as Mrs. Erickson
- Lowe, Justin (2 December 2015). "'Moments of Clarity': Napa Valley Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- Davis, Edward (30 September 2015). "Exclusive: Trailer For Award-Winning Dark Comedy 'Moments Of Clarity' Starring Lyndsy Fonseca And Kristin Wallace". IndieWire. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- Freedman, Richard (13 November 2015). "Schram has a bit part in 'Moments of Clarity' at Napa Fest". Vallejo Times Herald. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- Rubin, Sam (12 September 2016). "Lyndsy Fonseca & Kristin Wallace Talk "Moments of Clarity"". ktla.com. KTLA. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- Kilday, Gregg (21 December 2015). "Actress Angela McEwan, 'Nebraska' Scene-Stealer, Dies at 81". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
|This article about a 2010s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|