Modern Sky Festival
The first festival was held October 2–4, 2007 at Haidian Park. It featured four stages of music and over 120 bands, including the headliners, the American band Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Chinese bands included New Pants, Rebuilding The Rights Of Statues, P.K. 14, Queen Sea Big Shark, Joyside, Carsick Cars, and Snapline.
As of 2014, the parent company Modern Sky Entertainment put on more than 20 festivals a year throughout China. In August 2014, Modern Sky announced its first festival in the United States, to be held in Central Park's Rumsey Playfield October 4–5.
Notes and referencesEdit
- Joyside appear in the film Wasted Orient (www.plexifilm.com)
- Parry, Chris (October 1, 2009). Music festival in peril as Chinese government bans foreign bands. Vancouver Sun.
- Buzzcocks, Futureheads, British Sea Power banned from Beijing festival. NME. October 2. 2009.
- Music Festival from Beijing to make American debut in New York  "The New York Times"
- Modern Sky Festival NYC event page  "Modern Sky Festival NYC"