Moderat is a German electronic music supergroup originating in Berlin between Sascha Ring, also known as Apparat, and Modeselektor members Gernot Bronsert and Sebastian Szary. The band has released three studio albums to date, their most recent being III, released on April 1, 2016. The group was voted "The #1 Live Act of the Year" in 2009 by the readers of the online electronic music magazine Resident Advisor.
NOS Primavera Sound, Barcelona, June 30, 2015
|Years active||2002–2017 (hiatus)|
|Labels||BPitch Control, Monkeytown Records, Mute Records|
|Associated acts||Apparat, Modeselektor|
Moderat's first release was an EP, Auf Kosten der Gesundheit, in 2002. Their first full-length album, Moderat, received mostly favorable reviews. NOW magazine gave the album 4 out of 5 points describing it as "quite creative and surprisingly catchy", and Urb 5 out of 5, praising it for being "extremely beautiful and catchy".
In 2009, the readers of the online electronic music magazine, Resident Advisor, voted Moderat "The #1 Live Act Of The Year". In 2010, they were voted "The #7 Live Act" by the readers of the same website. Moderat toured Europe throughout the summer and autumn of 2010, playing mostly festivals.
Moderat's second album, II was released on August 2, 2013 digitally and August 6, 2013 physically through Monkeytown Records and Mute in the United States. The first video from II was "Bad Kingdom," an illustrated piece directed and produced by Pfadfinderei about a young British man in 1966 London traversing a greedy underworld.
On August 2017, Moderat announced their choice to take an indefinite hiatus after they finish their 2017 world tour in Berlin, which ended on 2 September 2017.
Their song "The Mark (Interlude)" from the album II was featured in the 2018 film Annihilation.
- Auf Kosten der Gesundheit (2003)
- Live (2016)
- "RA Poll: Top 10 live acts of 2009". Resident Advisor. 2009-12-09. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- Bimm, Jordan (2013-08-01). "Moderat | NOW Magazine". Now. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "Moderat - Moderat (Review)". 2009-04-24. Archived from the original on 2010-09-07. Retrieved 2015-11-10.
- "RA Poll: Top 10 live acts of 2010". Resident Advisor. 2010-12-08. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "Modeselektor/Apparat Supergroup Moderat Announce New Album II | News". Pitchfork Media. 2013-01-31. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "Good - Moderat "II" CD Deluxe Edition (MONKEYTOWN036CD)". Monkeytown Records. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "Release page of "III"". discogs. 2016-04-02. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- "ultratop.be - Moderat - Live". Hung Medien. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Moderat.|