Mississauga Library System
The Mississauga Library System (MLS) is the public library system of Mississauga, Ontario. The system has 18 branches, consisting of the Mississauga Central Library and 17 smaller neighborhood libraries.
|Type||Library System in Mississauga|
|Reference to legal mandate||The Library provides life-long enrichment, education and empowerment|
|Items collected||business directories, maps, books, periodicals, genealogy, local history,|
|Access and use|
|Circulation||7,301,788 (2012) |
The Library offers many services and programs such as story times, March Break activities and a telephone dial-a-story service. Resources range from advice to parents on choosing books to internet resources for kids.
- Library cards are free to residents and all who work, go to school, or own property in Mississauga (ID and proof of address is required).
- Most Library materials may be renewed. Even if an item is overdue, it may be renewed and the late charges added to your record
- Patrons can check out or renew books on their own by using self-checkout which is available at all library branches.
- Most books and CDs can be borrowed for 3 weeks. Most DVDs, video games and magazines may be borrowed for one week.
- Fines for overdue items are 35 cents per item per day with a maximum fine of $10.00. 
The Mississauga Central Library is located at 301 Burnhamthorpe Road West, adjacent to the Mississauga Civic Centre. It is the largest branch of the Mississauga Library System, containing four floors of materials and a further floor for silent study, and has functioned as the main library for the system since its opening in 1991.
|Burnhamthorpe||1350 Burnhamthorpe Road East||1976|
|Churchill Meadows||3801 Thomas Street||January 2007||Shares facilities with St. Joan of Arc Catholic Secondary School|
|Clarkson||2475 Truscott Drive||1956||At current location since 2002.|
|Cooksville||3024 Hurontario Street, Suite 212||June 2004|
|Courtneypark||730 Courtneypark Drive West||November 2004|
|Erin Meadows||2800 Erin Centre Boulevard||September 15, 2001||Shares facilities with St. Aloysius Gonzaga Secondary School|
|Frank McKechnie||310 Bristol Road East||2000|
|Lakeview||1110 Atwater Avenue||1967|
|Lorne Park||1474 Truscott Drive||1967|
|Malton||3540 Morning Star Drive||1977|
|Meadowvale||6655 Glen Erin Dr||1974||At current location since 2016. Shares facilities with Meadowvale Community Centre. It is located on the upper level.|
|Mississauga Valley||1275 Mississauga Valley Boulevard||January 26, 1980|
|Port Credit||20 Lakeshore Road East||1962|
|Sheridan||2225 Erin Mills Parkway||1976||At current location since 2002.|
|South Common||2233 South Millway Drive||1983||At current location since 1998. When it was located at 2227 South Millway Drive, the branch was known as Erin Mills South branch.|
|Streetsville||112 Queen Street South||1967|
|Woodlands||3255 Erindale Station Road||April 7, 1975||At current location since 2014.|
- Canadian Library Statistics: Public Library Statistics - 2012
- "Mississauga.ca - Residents - About Borrowing". www.mississauga.ca. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "Central Library". Library Hours and Locations. City of Mississauga. Retrieved 20 June 2016.