Mississauga Hospital is a regional and teaching hospital in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. It provides general medical services to residents of central and southern Mississauga as well as regional stroke, cardiac, and neurological care.
|Trillium Health Partners|
North side of Mississauga Hospital seen in 2009
|Location||100 Queensway West, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada|
|Care system||Public Medicare (Canada) (OHIP)|
|Affiliated university||University of Toronto|
|Founded||1958 (as South Peel Hospital)|
|Lists||Hospitals in Canada|
Founded in 1958 as South Peel Hospital, the hospital was renamed to Mississauga Hospital in 1980. After a 1997 government mandate to restructure, the hospital merged with the nearby Queensway General Hospital in Toronto in April 1998 to form a new hospital corporation named Trillium Health Centre. From 1998 to 2011 the hospital was known as Trillium Health Centre Mississauga. The name was reverted to Mississauga Hospital following Trillium Health Centre's merger with Credit Valley Hospital on December 1, 2011 to form Trillium Health Partners.
Programs and servicesEdit
- Regional Stroke Centre: The Harold G. & June C. Shipp Stroke Centre
- Regional Cardiac Centre: Hazel McCallion Centre for Heart Health
- Regional Neurosurgery Centre
- Internal Medicine and Sub-specialities
- Intensive Care
- Mental Health
- Colonel Harland Sanders Family Care Centre
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Diagnostic Imaging, Interventional Radiology
- Diabetes Management Centre
- Emergency Services (24 hours/day)
- A specialist SARS clinic operated during the 2003 outbreak
- Surgicentre - the largest outpatient surgical centre in North America
|Location||100 Queensway West, |
|Owned by||City of Mississauga|
|Bus routes||4, 19A, 19B, 19C, 28|
The bus terminal has no ticketing services and contains a bus shelter.
|4||Sherway Gardens||Westdale Mall via Huron Park Community Centre|
|Sherway Gardens via Dixie Outlet Mall|
|19A||Hurontario-Britannia||Britannia via City Centre|
|19C||Hurontario-Heartland||Heartland Town Centre via City Centre|
- "History - Trillium Health Centre". Trillium Health Partners. Retrieved July 12, 2017.
- Slack, Julie (November 27, 2009). "Trillium opens diabetes care centre". The Mississauga News. Retrieved July 12, 2017.
- "History". Trillium Health Partners. Retrieved July 12, 2017.
Trillium Health Partners encompasses three sites – Mississauga Hospital, Queensway Health Centre and Credit Valley Hospital
- "The P3 puzzle: How it came apart". Toronto Star. December 22, 2007. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "Angioplasty protocol at some GTA hospitals was unclear". Toronto Star. November 16, 2007. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "SARS claims seventh victim in Toronto area". CTV News. April 3, 2003. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- Rachlis, Michael (2005). Public Solutions to Health Care Wait Lists. Canadian Centre Policy Alternatives. p. 5. ISBN 978-0-88627-468-9. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- Yelaja, Prithi (February 3, 2007). "South Asians raise millions for hospital". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "How to find us". Trillium Health Partners. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
Mississauga Transit... has a bus stop on [Mississauga Hospital] property located across from the Emergency and Family Care Centres.