Ministry of Transport and Communications (Myanmar)
Ministry of Transport and Communications (Burmese: ပို့ဆောင်ရေးနှင့် ဆက်သွယ်ရေးဝန်ကြီးဌာန; abbreviated as MOTC) is the government agency of Myanmar. The ministry is currently led by Union Minister, Thant Sin Maung.
|Formed||30 March 2016|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Myanmar|
|Deputy Minister responsible|
On 9 November 2012, the Ministry's name was changed as Ministry of Communications and Information Technology.
- Union Minister Office
- Department of Civil Aviation
- Department of Marine Administration
- Directorate of Water Resources and Improvement of River Systems
- Department of Meteorology and
- Road Transport Administration Department
- Directorate of Communications
- Department of Information Technology and Cyber Security
- Myanmar National Airlines
- Inland Water Transport
- Myanmar Port Authority
- Myanmar Shipyards
- Myanmar Railways
- Road Transport
- Myanmar Post and
- Myanmar Posts
- Myanmar Maritime University
- Myanmar Mercantile Marine College
- Central Institute of Transport and
- "About Ministry of Transport and Communications".
- Aung, Thu Thu; Moon, Sam Aung; Latiff, Rozanna. Cameron-Moore, Simon; Perry, Michael (eds.). "Myanmar reimposes internet shutdown in conflict-torn Rakhine, Chin states: telco operator". Reuters.
Norwegian mobile operator Telenor Group said in a statement the transport and communications ministry had ordered mobile internet traffic to be stopped again in five townships in Rakhine and Chin states for three months.