Ministry of Posts, Telecommunications and Information Technology
|Bengali: , ডাক, টেলিযোগাযোগ ও তথ্য প্রযুক্তি বিষয়ক মন্ত্রণালয়|
|Formed||10 February 2014|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Bangladesh|
|Website||Posts and Telecommunications Division|
Information and Communication Technology Division
Following the 2001 general election, the Ministry of Science and Technology (Bangladesh) was renamed on 18 September 2002 to become the Ministry of Science and Information & Communication Technology. To give more thrust for ICT sector the Information & Communication Technology Division was separated from Science and Technology ministry and it has upgraded as Ministry of Information & Communication Technology on 4 December 2011. The change is the evidence of understanding of the importance of ICT from the highest policy level and also an indication that the government is keen to keep pace with modern changing world. After 2014 election Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications and Ministry of ICT are integrated to Ministry of Posts, Telecommunications and Information Technology.
The Administrative Arrangements Order made on 14 September 2015 detailed the following responsibilities to the ministry:
Posts and Telecommunications DivisionEdit
Organization of Posts and Telecommunications Division
Information and Communication Technology DivisionEdit
Organization of Information and Communication Technology Division
- "Telecoms, ICT ministries merge". www.telegeography.com. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "Telecom and ICT ministries merged". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "Telecom and ICT ministries merged". Click Ittefaq. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "ICT Division-Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh". www.ictd.gov.bd. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "Telecom, ICT merged into single ministry". The Daily Star. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "Vision and Mission". www.ictd.gov.bd. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "Posts and Telecommunications Division-Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh". www.ptd.gov.bd. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "List of Organization heads". www.ictd.gov.bd. Archived from the original on 2016-04-18. Retrieved 2016-04-10.