Ministry of Oil and Gas (Oman)
The Ministry of Oil and Gas (MOG) is the governmental body in the Sultanate of Oman responsible for developing and implementing the government policy for exploiting the oil and gas resources in Oman.
|وزارة النفط والغاز|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Oman|
MOG was originally established as the Ministry of Oil and Minerals and was renamed in the year 1997 as the Ministry of Oil and Gas.
- Drawing and implementing studies, plans, and policies for ensuring the optimum exploitation of oil and gas wealths.
- Managing and supervising the surveys necessary for the oil and gas resources and managing and supervising the economic studies necessary for any project relating to their exploitation.
- Supervising all the activities relating to the exploration, excavation, and production of oil and gas by concession holding companies.
- Studying international oil and gas markets to develop marketing policies for the production of oil and gas.
- Concluding agreements with specialized companies and supervising the implementation of these agreements.
- Safeguarding the interests of the Sultanate when dealing with companies working in the field of oil and gas production and ensuring that these companies abide by Omani laws.
- Managing and supervising government investment in the Sultanate in the fields of oil and gas.
- Preparing draft laws and regulations necessary for the fields of oil and gas.
- Representing the Sultanate at international venues relating to oil and gas.
- Training its staff to undertake the responsibilities of the ministry.
- Implementation of the Joint Supplier Registration System (JSRS) to validate & certify all Suppliers to the 19 Omani Oil & Gas Operators in the country.
- The Directorate General of Planning and Studies (Reports directly to the Minister of Oil and Gas)
- The Directorate General of Exploration and Production of Oil and Gas
- The Directorate General of Petroleum Industries
- The Directorate General of Petroleum Investment Management
- The Directorate General of Oil and Gas Marketing
- The Directorate General of Administrative and Financial Affairs
Former Senior OfficersEdit
- Said bin Ahmed Al Shanfari - appointed Minister of Agriculture, Fishers, Oil, and Minerals in the year 1974.
- "Cabinet of Ministers". Ministry of Information. Archived from the original on 13 February 2011. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- Royal Decree No. 12/2003 Issued on February 1, 2003
- Amending the Names of Some Ministries, Establishing the Ministry of Awqaf and Religious Affairs, and Abolishing the Ministry of Development, Royal Decree No 84/97, issued on December 16, 1997, published in Issue No 614 of the Official Gazette.
- "Specifying the Competences of the Ministry of Oil and Gas and Adopting its Organizational Structure" (PDF). Royal Decree No 2/2008. Ministry of Legal Affairs. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-05-05.
- "Duties and Responsibilities of the Ministry of Oil and Gas". Ministry of Oil and Gas. Archived from the original on 20 December 2012. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- "Organizational Structure of the Ministry of Oil and Gas". Ministry of Oil and Gas. Archived from the original on 5 December 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- Royal Decree No 40/74 (Untitled), issued on November 17, 1974.