The Ministry of Justice of Transnistria (Pridnestrovskaia Moldavskaia Respublika) ensures the law-making activity of the President of the Pridnestrovskaia Moldavskaia Respublika and executive bodies of state power by doing the following:
- Drafting legislation, bylaws, and other normative acts and conclusions in accordance with the Constitution of the Pridnestrovskaia Moldavskaia Respublika
- Examining laws and overseeing the systematization of legislation
- Organizing a system of legal services that realize the rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of citizens of Transnistria
In 1991, the Pridnestrovskaia Moldavskaia Respublika (PMR) leadership faced the rather difficult task of preserving what was inherited from the Soviet Union in terms of economy, social sphere, education, culture, rule of law and human rights protection. The young republic needed to form a new system of public authorities and government. Thus, in May 1991, the structure of the PMR government was approved and there was an initial effort to create administrations rather than ministries. On July 24, 1991, the Edict of the President of the PMR formulated the Department of Justice.
On September 8, 1992, the Ministry of Justice of the PMR was established by the decree of the Supreme Council of the PMR on the basis of the Republican Department of Justice. It was necessary to re-staff all the organs of justice such as the people's courts, the departments of the registry office, the notary, and the bar. As of August 20, 1992, the notary's office of Dubossary (Dubossary district) has passed under the jurisdiction of the PMR. Notary offices were established on June 1, 1993 in the cities of Tiraspol, Bendery, Grigoriopol, Rybnitsa, Kamenka and Slobodzeya. In mid-2000, the executive bodies of state power were reorganized and the PMR Cabinet of Ministers was formed. Significant changes that have occurred in all branches of public administration have also affected the justice bodies.
In 2001, on the initiative of the Ministry of Justice, the Assembly of Acts of Legislation (SAZ) of the PMR was published for the first time in the Republic. In 2003, by the decree of the President of the PMR, the Criminal Justice Department of the Ministry of Justice was reorganized into the State Service for the Execution of Sentences and Judgments, which included the Department for Execution of Judicial Decisions. It laid the groundwork for the formation of an independent structure—namely the Judicial Service Service under the Ministry of Justice. On January 1, 2008, in accordance with the Decree of the President of the PMR, the State Registration and Notariate Service was established.
The Ministry of Justice has priorities such as the enforcement of criminal penalties appointed by the courts in criminal cases, the execution of judgments in civil and administrative cases, the implementation of state registration of legal facts and the issuance of licenses, the ensuring of the protection of the rights and legal interests of citizens and legal entities in the implementation of notarial acts, and further improving the current Transnistrian legislation on the basis of its harmonization with the legislation of the Russian Federation.
The ministry is structured as follows:
List of ministersEdit
Republican Department of JusticeEdit
|No.||Full name||Rank||Date of
|1||Sidorov, Mikhail Ivanovich||July 1991||December 1991|
|2||Korotenko, Victor Grigorievich||December 1991||September 1992|
Ministry of JusticeEdit
It was created on September 8, 1992 by the Decree of the Supreme Council of the PMR on the basis of the Republican Department of Justice
|No.||Full name||Rank||Date of
|1||Korotenko, Victor Grigorievich||September 1992||June 1993|
|2||Alimpiev, Alexander Sergeevich||June 1993||December 1993|
|3||Zenin, Alexander Mikhailovich||the highest qualifying class of the judge||December 1993||November 1994|
|4||Ovsyannikov, Yuri Sergeevich||State Counselor of Justice, I class||November 1994||August 2000|
|5||Balala, Victor Alekseevich||state counselor of justice of the II class||August 2000||October 2005|
|6||Guretsky, Anatoly Anatolyevich||state counselor of justice of the II class||October 2005||October 2006|
|7||Urskaya, Galina Vasilievna||Acting State Counselor of Justice||October 2006||February 2009|
|8||Stepanov, Sergey Mikhailovich||state counselor of justice of III class||April 2009||December 30, 2011||from 4 February 2009 until 5 January 2012, served as Minister of Justice|
|9||Melnik, Maria Borisovna||24 January 2012||30 January 2012||since January 5, 2012, served as Minister of Justice|
|10||Delhi, Alexander Fedorovich||Senior Counselor of Justice||February 29, 2012||14 November 2012||since January 30, 2012, served as Minister of Justice|
|11||Klyus, Alena Anatolyevna||counselor of justice||14 November 2012||February 12, 2013||Acting Minister of Justice|
|12||Dubrovina, Olga Sergeevna||counselor of justice||February 12, 2013||July 24, 2013||from July 10, 2013 served as Minister of Justice|
|13||Kisnichan, Alexander Andreevich||counselor of justice||July 24, 2013||March 18, 2015|
|14||Zvarych, Olga Vladimirovna||junior counselor of justice||March 18, 2015||December 26, 2016|
|15||Shevchenko Alexander Andreevich||counselor of justice||December 26, 2016||March 30, 2018|
|16||Tumba, Alexandra Iosifovna||March 30, 2018|
- Justice ministry
- Министерство юстиции Приднестровской Молдавской Республики [Ministry of Justice of the Pridnestrovskaia Moldavskaia Respublika]
- Politics of Transnistria
- "Минюст ПМР: Руководство Министерства юстиции". justice.idknet.com. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- Relations, House, Committee on Foreign Affairs, and Senate, Committee on Foreign (September 2008). Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2007. Government Printing Office. ISBN 9780160813993.
- "Минюст ПМР: ОТЧЕТ Министерства юстиции Приднестровской Молдавской Республики за первое полугодие 2017 года". www.minjust.org. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "Минюст ПМР: 25 июля 2011 Министерству юстиции Приднестровья исполнилось 20 лет". minjust.org. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "Закон ПМР - ОБ УТВЕРЖДЕНИИ ПОЛОЖЕНИЯ, СТРУКТУРЫ И ШТАТНОЙ ЧИСЛЕННОСТИ МИНИСТЕРСТВА ЮСТИЦИИ ПРИДНЕСТРОВСКОЙ МОЛДАВСКОЙ РЕСПУБЛИКИ". zakon-pmr.com. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "Министерство юстиции ПМР отмечает 24-ю годовщину со дня своего образования". Вести ПМР (in Russian). 2015-07-24. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "Минюст ПМР: Из истории Министерства юстиции". justice.idknet.com. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "Президент Приднестровья утвердил структуру исполнительной власти: EADaily". EADaily (in Russian). Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "About the Service - State Service of Judicial Artists". gssi-pmr.org (in Russian). Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "В Приднестровье утверждена новая структура органов власти". All Moldova. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "The Ukrainian Week". ukrainianweek.com. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "КГБ возвращается: в Приднестровье утверждены состав и структура нового правительства". ИА REGNUM (in Russian). Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "В Приднестровье - новый министр юстиции". Point.md (in Russian). Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "В Приднестровье намерены развивать экспорт плодоовощной продукции в РФ | Министерство экономического развития Приднестровской Молдавской Республики". www.mer.gospmr.org (in Russian). Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "Minister of Justice appointed Alexander Tumba (in Russian)". www.novostipmr.com. March 30, 2018.