Ministry of Culture and Sports of Georgia(Redirected from Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection (Georgia))
The Ministry of Culture and Sport of Georgia (Georgian: საქართველოს კულტურისა და სპორტის სამინისტრო, sakartvelos kulturisa da sportis saministro) was a governmental agency within the Cabinet of Georgia from 2010 to 2018. It was in charge of regulating activities related to preservation of Georgian culture and its cultural monuments as well as activities related to sports and youth development.
|საქართველოს კულტურისა და სპორტის სამინისტრო|
Coat of Arms of Georgia
|Headquarters||Sanapiro Street q.4, Tbilisi, Georgia 0102|
|Annual budget||₾85 million (2015)|
The ministry was established in 2010 as a result of restructuring activities within the Georgian government in June 2010. The preceding Ministry of Culture, Monuments Protection and Sports was split into two separate government agencies: Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs and Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection. The agency was merged with the Ministry of Education and Science in July 2018.
The ministry is headed by the minister aided by the first deputy minister in charge of Cultural Heritage Strategy, Organizations Coordination and Permissions, and International Programs and Georgian Culture Popularization departments; and three deputies in charge of Administrative, Events and Regional Coordination and Legal departments. Parliament exercises control over the ministry's activities. The budget of the ministry in 2010 was GEL 54,977,500 roughly equal to € 21,991,000.
Ministers after 2004Edit
- "Georgia/ 3. Competence, decision-making and administration". Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "The Joint Sitting of the Committee on Sector Economy and Economic Policy the Committee on legal Issues, the Committee on Sports and Youth Issues, and the Committee on Education and Culture". Parliament of Georgia. 2010-06-28. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Open Society Georgian Foundation. East East: Partnership Beyond Borders Program's 2011 Strategy". Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "PM Bakhtadze Names Ministries to be Merged, Abolished". Civil Georgia. 26 June 2018. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- "Parliament Confirms Bakhtadze's New Cabinet". Civil Georgia. 15 July 2018. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia. Structure". Archived from the original on 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Georgia/ 6. Financing of culture. 6.1 Short overview". Retrieved 2011-04-01.