MindGamers is a 2015 Austrian science fiction film directed by Andrew Goth. The film was theatrically released on March 28, 2017 through Terra Mater Factual Studios. The film stars Tom Payne, Dominique Tipper, Sam Neill, Melia Kreiling, Antonia Campbell-Hughes, Turlough Convery and Oliver Stark.
A group of students attempt to create a wireless neural network of collective consciousness connected through a quantum computer. They discover that motor skills can be transferred through quantum theory and freely spread their technology, which they believe is a step towards intellectual freedom. The group later discovers they are a part of a larger, more sinister experiment.
- Tom Payne as Jaxon
- Dominique Tipper as Maddie
- Sam Neill as Kreutz
- Melia Kreiling as En.o.ch
- Antonia Campbell-Hughes as Agnes
- Turlough Convery as Rollo
- Oliver Stark as Dylan
- Ryan Doyle as Voltaire
- Simon Paisley-Day as Assessor
- Pedja Bjelac as Mosca
- Ursula Strauss as Da'Silva
In October 2016, Terra Mater Factual Studios, a production unit of Red Bull Media House, globally released an online escape room game Mission: Unlock Enoch based on the film. In January 2017, Forbes reported that one thousand movie goers would be able to participate in a live experiment during the release of the film by wearing a cognitive headband to "enable scientists to capture the cognition state of the participants simultaneously via cloud technology and collect data in real time."
- Hardawar, Devindra. "'MindGamers' clip shows off the dangers of wireless neural networks". Engadget. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- Murthi, Vikram. "MindGamers Trailer: Sci-Fi Thriller Explores Hacking The Human Brain | IndieWire". www.indiewire.com. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "MindGamers - Terra Mater Factual Studios". Terra Mater Factual Studios (in German). Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- MindGamers (2015) - IMDb, retrieved 2020-10-22
- Alexander, Chris (25 November 2016). "MindGamers Releases Trailer and Interactive Game - ComingSoon.net". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- Bradley, Tony. "MindGamers Blurs The Line Between Entertainment And Science". Forbes. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- Smith, Mat. "A thousand moviegoers will get their minds monitored all at once". Engadget. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- Wickline, Dan (25 November 2016). "Mindgamers - Terra Mater Films New Trailer And Game". Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News. Retrieved 8 March 2017.