Millennium Hilton New York One UN Plaza
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Millennium Hilton New York One UN Plaza is a 439-room hotel located on the 28-39th floors of One United Nations Plaza and Two United Nations Plaza, a pair of adjoining 40-story skyscrapers in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, next to the headquarters of the United Nations on the eastern edge of Turtle Bay at 44th Street and First Avenue.
|Millennium Hilton New York One UN Plaza|
United Nations Plaza is the tall blue glass building behind the white building in the foreground.
|Former names||United Nations Plaza Hotel, Millennium UN Plaza|
|Hotel chain||Hilton Hotels|
|Address||1 United Nations Plaza|
|Town or city||Manhattan, New York City|
|Completed||June 8, 1976|
|Owner||Millennium & Copthorne Hotels|
|Design and construction|
|Number of rooms||439|
The United Nations Plaza complex was constructed by the City of New York and the hotel opened on June 8, 1976 as the United Nations Plaza Hotel, operated by Hyatt International, originally containing 288 rooms atop One United Nations Plaza. Two United Nations Plaza was constructed in 1984 and the hotel was expanded with guest rooms atop that tower as well. Hong Kong-based Regal Hotels bought the property from the City of New York in 1997 for $102 million, and it was renamed the Regal UN Plaza. Millennium & Copthorne Hotels bought the hotel in 2000, and it became the Millennium UN Plaza. The owners renovated the hotel in 2013 and renamed it ONE UN New York Hotel. Hilton was contracted to manage the hotel in August 2017 and it was renamed Millennium Hilton New York One UN Plaza.
- "New York Architecture Photos: UN Plaza". Newyorkitecture.com. February 20, 2015. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- Dunn, Ashley. "New York City Seeks to Sell U.N. Plaza Hotel to Help Close Deficit". Nytimes.com. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- "U.N. Plaza Hotel Opens; Many Luxuries Offered". Nytimes.com. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- Goldberger, Paul. "ARCHITECTURE VIEW; Kevin Roche Finishes a Trio And Changes His Tune". Nytimes.com. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- Halbfinger, David M. "A Hong Kong-Based Chain Will Buy U.N. Plaza Hotel". Nytimes.com. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- "Millennium secures place in city with U.N. Plaza hotel: Travel Weekly". Travelweekly.com. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- "Millennium UN Plaza Renovated and Rebranded as ONE UN". Meetingsnet.com. May 30, 2013. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- "Millennium Hilton New York One UN Plaza Midtown East Hotel". 3.hilton.com. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- "Kevin Roche and John Dinkeloo's Ambassador Grill is now a NYC landmark" by Audrey Wachs, The Architect's Newspaper, January 17, 2017
|This article about a building or structure in Manhattan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a hotel or resort in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|