Coordinates: Mile (Cyrillic: Миле) located in the Visoko basin was a medieval crowning and burial place of Bosnian kings during the Kingdom of Bosnia (1377—1463). Mile is a protected national monument of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Mile held a great importance for Bosnian nobility, and was one of the places for Stanak, the most common name used to refer to the assembly of nobility in medieval Bosnia. From 1367 to 1407 several historical sources mention Ragusan merchants who gave money contributions for the Franciscan monastery that was located in Mile. and was identified as Monastery of Saint Nicholas according to sources from 1380 to 1390.
Mile was first mentioned (in written sources: Mile, Sv. Nikola, Visoko, Mileševo) in 1244, as a place of church of Saint Kuzma and Damjan. The same year, Stephen II Kotromanić built the first Franciscan monastery of Saint Nicholas. Mile was the crowning place of Bosnian kings, and possible place of crowning the first Bosnian king Tvrtko I Kotromanić in 1377.
Stephen II, Ban of Bosnia, who died in 1353, grave couldn't be identified in later archeological excavations. Mavro Orbini and later authors cite that Stephen II built a church in Mile, and by his own will wanted to be buried there. Tvrtko I, King of Bosnia's grave has been located and identified in the north wall of the church.
- "Odluka o proglašenju dobara nacionalnim spomenicima objavljeno "Službenom glasniku BiH", broj 32/03". Archived from the original on 2009-01-16. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- Fine, John V. A. (July 1980). "Desanka Kovačević-Kojić, Gradska naselja srednjovekovne bosanske države. Sarajevo: Veselin Masleša, 1978. Pp. 421; 64 illustrations, 1 map". Speculum. 55 (3): 626–627. doi:10.1017/s0038713400158804. ISSN 0038-7134.
- "Komisija za očuvanje nacionalnih spomenika". old.kons.gov.ba. Retrieved 2019-05-01.
- Anđelić, Pavao, “Krunidbena i grobna crkva bosanskih vladara u Milima (Arnautovićima) kod Visokog”, Glasnik Zemaljskog muzeja XXXIV/1979., Zemaljski muzej Bosne i Hercegovine, Sarajevo, 1980,183-247.
- Lovrenović, Dubravko, “Proglašenje Bosne kraljevinom 1377”, Forum Bosnae, 3-4, Sarajevo, 1999, 227-290.
- Anđelić 1979, p. 231-232.
- Anđelić 1979, p. 230.
- Anđelić, Pavao (1979), Krunidbena i grobna crkva bosanskih vladara u Milima (Arnautovićima) kod Visokog (in Croatian)
- Lovrenović, Dubravko, “Proglašenje Bosne kraljevinom 1377”, Forum Bosnae, 3-4, Sarajevo, 1999