Mike Collins (ice hockey)
May 25, 1990|
Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb)|
Collins played collegiate hockey with the Merrimack Warriors in the a NCAA Men's Division I Hockey East conference. In his junior year, Collins' outstanding play was rewarded with a selection to the 2012-13 All-Hockey East First Team.
After making his professional debut in the American Hockey League with the Providence Bruins and the Iowa Wild, Collins signed abroad in Germany with DEL2 club, EC Kassel Huskies on July 31, 2014. In the 2014–15 season, Collins impressed with the Huskies, scoring at a dominant level with 81 points in just 51 games to lead the club to a third-place finish in the regular season.
On June 1, 2015, Collins attracted the interest of the DEL, the German top flight, signing a one-year contract with the Krefeld Pinguine. He then had his contract renewed for the 2016-17 campaign. Collins left Krefeld at the conclusion of his two-year stint and was signed by fellow DEL outfit ERC Ingolstadt in June 2017.
Awards and honorsEdit
|All-Hockey East Rookie Team||2010–11|
|All-Hockey East First Team||2012–13|||
|AHCA East Second-Team All-American||2012–13|
- "Post-season awards". ECAC Hockey. March 22, 2013. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- "Huskies fill a second quota place" (in German). EC Kassel Huskies. July 31, 2014. Retrieved July 31, 2014.
- "Pinguine sign leading scorer of DEL2" (in German). Krefeld Pinguine. June 1, 2015. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- "Mike Collins wird ein Panther". erc-ingolstadt.de (in German). Retrieved July 1, 2017.
- "Hockey East All-Star Teams announced". westerncollegehockey.com. March 20, 2013. Retrieved March 20, 2013.