This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Michael Stanley Kemp Chattey OBE (born 9 January 1961) has been the head of fundraising at the Conservative Party since 2001. He is the chief executive's, Mick Davis's, deputy  as treasurer and chief executive of the Conservative Party
|Chief Executive of the Conservative Party|
|Assumed office |
24 July 2019
|Preceded by||Sir Mick Davis|
|Head of Fundraising and Deputy |
Treasurer of the Conservative Party
|Assumed office |
21 December 2001
|Leader||Iain Duncan Smith|
|Treasurer||Sir Mick Davis|
|Preceded by||Jane Keene|
|Born||9 January 1961|
Baroness Vere of Norbiton (m. 2016)
|Alma mater||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
Chattey has been married to Charlotte Vere since 2016.
Chattey, as head of fundraising, has responsibility for the donation and fundraising efforts of the Conservative Party.
Early life and educationEdit
Chattey attended school at Milton Abbey School in Dorset between 1974 and 1979, before he temporarily moved to North Carolina in order to attend University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1980. Chattey also attended the University of the West of England from 1980 to 1984, gaining a 2:1 in business studies.
Chattey spent 2 years as regional salesman in the southwest for Calor Gas. He then moved to London to start a 15-year career in advertising, predominately for Evans Hunt Scott and Leo Burnett Advertising, working on South African Airways, COI, Kelloggs, Procter & Gamble, McDonald's, Kodak, Sun Alliance and Commodore Computers. He was hired by Lord Ashcroft in 2002 to join The Conservative Party's Treasurers' Department. He was promoted to head of fundraising in 2012.
- In October 2015, Chattey came under fire after a Buzzfeed investigation found that the Conservative Party's fundraising department had accepted over £1.3 million from Lycamobile, their biggest corporate donor at the time. 
- Chattey was formerly engaged to Charlotte Vere, Baroness Vere of Norbiton, who was suspiciously sacked from the Girls' Schools Association 
- Chattey has been blamed for a mass exodus of donors due to Brexit, leading to Mick Davis having to fork out donations due to Chattey's poor management 
- "Brexit Secretary David Davis resigns". 9 July 2018 – via www.bbc.com.
- "Mick Davis Resigns as Tory CEO". Guido. 24 July 2019. Retrieved 24 July 2019.
- "Tories hit by exit of top fundraising marketer". www.campaignlive.co.uk.
- says, Come on Eileen! Mike Butcher is honoured in Queen's Birthday Honours LIst-Medical Matterz (10 June 2016). "Come on Eileen! Mike Butcher is honoured in Queen's Birthday Honours LIst". The BLN.
- "Tories hit by exit of top fundraising marketer". Retrieved 2018-07-21.