The middleweight division in mixed martial arts refers to different weight classes:
- The UFC's middleweight division, which groups competitors within 171 to 185 lb (77.5 to 84 kg)
- The Shooto's middleweight class, which refers to competitors between 155 and 170 lb (70.3 and 77.1 kg)
- The ONE Championship's middleweight division follows the Pride FC model, with an upper limit of 93 kg (205 lb)
- The Road FC's middleweight division, with an upper limit of 185 lb (84 kg)
Ambiguity and clarificationEdit
For the sake of uniformity, many mixed martial arts websites refer to competitors between 171 and 185 lb (77.5 and 84 kg) as middleweights. This encompasses Shooto's light heavyweight division of the same weight limit.
Table accurate as of October 2020.
- Active title reign
|UFC||October 5, 2019||Israel Adesanya||20–1 (15KO 0SUB)||3|
|Bellator MMA||October 29, 2020||Gegard Mousasi||47–7 (26 KO 12SUB)||1|
|ONE Championship||October 30, 2020||Reinier de Ridder||14–0 (3KO 9SUB)||0|
|Fight Nights Global||September 9, 2020||Vladimir Mineev||14-1-1 (9KO 3SUB)||0|
|KSW||December 18, 2021||Roberto Soldić||20–3 (17KO 1SUB)||0|
|Cage Warriors||November 22, 2019||Nathias Frederick||9-2-1 (8KO 0SUB)||1|
|ACB||December 23, 2017||Albert Duraev||12–3 (3KO 7SUB)||1|
|Road FC||July 28, 2018||In Jae La||6–0–1 (1KO 0SUB)||0|
|Legacy Fighting Alliance||Vacant|
|URCC||January 7, 2017||Chris Hofmann||8–1 (7KO)||1|
Footnotes and referencesEdit
- "Nevada Revised Statutes: Chapter 467 - Unarmed Combat". leg.state.nv.us. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Unified Rules of MMA". Association of Boxing Commissions. Archived from the original on 2012-07-05. Retrieved 2012-07-15.