|Born||23 June 1958|
|Occupation||music journalist, author|
|Known for||Kerrang!, Classic Rock|
Wall began his career contributing to the music weekly Sounds in 1977, where he wrote about punk and the new wave, and then rockabilly, funk, New Romantic pop and, eventually, hard rock and heavy metal. In 1979, he left music journalism to become the partner in his own PR firm, Heavy Publicity, aged 20, where he oversaw press campaigns for artists such as Black Sabbath, Journey, REO Speedwagon, Thin Lizzy, Ultravox, The Damned, Dire Straits and several others. In the early 1980s he also worked at Virgin Records as press officer for such artists as Gillan, The Human League, Simple Minds, Japan and others.
By 1983, Wall become one of the main journalists in the early days of Kerrang! magazine, where he was their star cover story writer for the next nine years. He subsequently became the founding editor of Classic Rock magazine in 1998, and presented his own television and radio shows on Sky TV (Monsters of Rock), Capital Radio, BBC GLR, BBC Radio 1, Planet Rock and others. He has also guested on several television programmes and documentaries on BBC TV, ITV, Sky One, Channel Four and MTV.
Wall has written many biographies of musicians and bands including Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Metallica and Guns N' Roses. The latter mentioned him in their song "Get in the Ring" after Wall fell out with his former friend, singer Axl Rose. In April 2016, Wall made an impassioned apology to Rose, acknowledging that the spirit of the book he had written on Axl Rose ten years earlier was "mean, disgruntled, unworthy. I’m sorry I wrote it." He concluded by saying, "I can’t wait to see what Axl Rose and Guns N’ Roses do next. They are the last of the giants and I am a fan."
His book Paranoid: Black Days With Sabbath & Other Horror Stories (1999) is a semi-fictionalised account of his substance-abusing days in the 1980s working with some of the biggest rock stars in the world. In 2008, he wrote a biography of Led Zeppelin entitled When Giants Walked the Earth.
Wall is also the author of a blog on his official website, consisting of a compendium of domestic affairs and anecdotes from his past. He also co-hosts a podcast called "Dead Rock Stars" with fellow writer Joel McIver. In June 2018, The Guardian named "Dead Rock Stars" their podcast of the week.
- Diary Of A Madman - The Official Biography of Ozzy Osbourne, Zomba Books, 1986
- Market Square Heroes - The Authorized Biography of Marillion, Sidgwick & Jackson, 1987
- Guns N’ Roses: The Most Dangerous Band In The World, Sidgwick & Jackson, 1991
- Pearl Jam, Sidgwick & Jackson, 1994
- All Night Long: The True Story of Jon Bon Jovi, Omnibus Press, 1995
- Run To The Hills: The Authorised Biography of Iron Maiden, Sanctuary Books, 1998
- Paranoid: Black Days With Sabbath & Other Horror Stories. Mainstream, 1999
- Mr Big: Ozzy, Sharon and My Life as the Godfather of Rock, Robson Books, 2004 (written with Don Arden)
- XS All Areas: the Autobiography of Status Quo, Sidgwick & Jackson, 2004 (written with Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt)
- John Peel – A Tribute To The Legendary DJ and Broadcaster, Orion Books, 2004
- Bono: In The Name Of Love, Andre Deutsch, 2005
- Star Trippin’: The Best Of Mick Wall 1985-91, M&G, 2006
- W. Axl Rose: The Unauthorised Biography, Sidgwick & Jackson, 2007
- When Giants Walked the Earth: A Biography of Led Zeppelin, Orion Books, 2008
- Osbournes Confidential: An Insider's Chronicle, JR Books, 2008
- Appetite For Destruction: Legendary Encounters With Mick Wall, Orion Books, 2010
- Enter Night – Metallica: The Biography, Orion Books, 2010
- AC/DC - Hell Ain’t A Bad Place To Be, Orion Books, 2012
- Black Sabbath: Symptom of the Universe, Orion Books, 2013
- Lou Reed: The Life, Orion Books, 2013
- Love Becomes A Funeral Pyre: The Biography of The Doors, Orion Books, 2014
- Black Sabbath: Symptom of the Universe St. Martin's Press, 2015
- Getcha Rock's Off: Sex & Excess. Bust Up's & Binges. Life & Death on the Rock N' Roll Road, Orion Books, 2015
- Foo Fighters : Learning to Fly, Orion Books, 2015
- Lemmy : The Definitive Biography, Orion Books, 2016
- Like a Bat Out of Hell: The Larger than Life story of Meat Loaf, Trapeze, 2017
- "Biography". Archived from the original on 2008-09-24.
- Brannigan, Paul (20 June 2014). "Legendary rock writer Mick Wall on his brilliant memoir Paranoid". Louder. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- Monsters of Rock tv-show
- Macmillan. "Mick Wall". Macmillan.
- "List of books by Mick Wall". amazon.co.uk.
- "Getting Out Of The Ring". Mick Wall.
- David Cheal, 'When Giants Walked the Earth: A Biography of Led Zeppelin by Mick Wall', Telegraph.co.uk, 27 October 2008.
- "Mick Wall - A Life in Rock". The Huffington Post UK. 7 September 2015.
- "Lemmy: The Definitive Biography by Mick Wall review – sex, speed and cigarettes". the Guardian.