Michigan City, formerly known as Davis Mills, is an unincorporated community in Benton County, Mississippi, United States. Although unincorporated, Michigan City has a post office, with the ZIP code of 38647.
Michigan City, Mississippi
|Elevation||404 ft (123 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||693948|
Mississippi Highway 702 is called Main Street in Michigan City.
A post office operated under the name Davis Mills from 1871 to 1875 and first began operation under the name Michigan City in 1875.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Michigan City
- Zip Code Lookup
- Howe, Tony. "Michigan City, Mississippi". Mississippi Rails. Retrieved 4 May 2020.
- Baca, Keith A. (2007). Native American Place Names in Mississippi. Univ. Press of Mississippi. p. 54. ISBN 978-1-60473-483-6.
- Rowland, Dunbar (1907). Mississippi: Comprising Sketches of Counties, Towns, Events, Institutions, and Persons, Arranged in Cyclopedic Form. Vol. 2. Southern Historical Publishing Association. p. 232.
- "Benton County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 4 May 2020.
- "Davis' Mills Battle Site" (PDF). U.S. Department of the Interior. October 2, 1973.