Goldberg on a Brooklyn Book Festival panel, 2012
Buffalo, New York, U.S.
|Education||University of California, Berkeley|
Michelle Goldberg (born 1975) is an American journalist and author, writing from a liberal / progressive left-of-center perspective. She is a senior correspondent for The American Prospect and a columnist for The Daily Beast and Slate. She was formerly Senior Contributing Writer at The Nation.
Early life and educationEdit
Born in Buffalo, New York, Goldberg earned a Bachelor of Arts degree at the State University of New York at Buffalo; she also holds a Master of Science degree in journalism from the University of California Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism.
Goldberg's first book, Kingdom Coming: The Rise of Christian Nationalism (2006), was a finalist for the 2007 New York Public Library's Helen Bernstein Book Award for Excellence in Journalism. In 2009 she published The Means of Reproduction: Sex, Power, and the Future of the World (2009), which is based on her own reporting about the state of women's reproductive rights across several continents, and explores what she terms the "international battle over reproductive rights".
She is a senior correspondent at The American Prospect, and a columnist for The Daily Beast and Slate. Her work has been published in the magazines The New Republic, Rolling Stone, and Glamour, and in The Guardian, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and other newspapers.
- Kingdom Coming: The Rise of Christian Nationalism. New York: W. W. Norton. 2006. ISBN 978-0-393-06094-2
- The Means of Reproduction: Sex, Power, and the Future of the World. Penguin Press. 2009. ISBN 978-1-59420-208-7.
- The Goddess Pose: The Audacious Life of Indra Devi, the Woman Who Helped Bring Yoga to the West. Knopf. 2015. ISBN 978-0307593511.
- "Michelle Goldberg." Contemporary Authors Online. Detroit: Gale, 2016. Retrieved via Biography in Context database, 2017-01-28.
- "Michelle Goldberg". The Nation. thenation.com. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- "Michelle Goldberg." Contemporary Authors Online. Detroit: Gale, 2016. "Salon.com, New York, NY, senior writer, beginning in 2002". Retrieved via Biography in Context database, 2017-01-28.
- Jose, Katharine P. (March 31, 2009). "Our Bodies, Our Hells". The New York Observer (review of Michelle Goldberg, The Means of Reproduction). Archived from the original on January 2, 2011. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
Ms. Goldberg, a former senior writer for Salon.com, ...
- "Masthead". The Nation. Archived from the original on September 10, 2015. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- "Gay Politics and AIDS: Leslie Cagan". The Nation. 248 (11): 362. March 20, 1989. ISSN 0027-8378. [irrelevant citation]
- "Mentorship Program: Michelle Goldberg". The Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute. New York University. Retrieved 2017-01-27.
- "About the Author". Michelle Goldberg. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- "Michelle Goldberg". The Daily Beast. thedailybeast.com. Retrieved 2017-01-28.
|This article about a United States journalist born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|