Michele Pred at the women's march on Washington DC 1/20/17
San Francisco, California, United States
|Alma mater||California College of the Arts|
Michele Pred is a Swedish-American feminist and conceptual artist. She creates art using found and confiscated objects and other culturally and politically related technology. Pred's artwork has been exhibited in London, Stockholm, New York, Bologna, Sydney, Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, and San Francisco. She is also the founder of the art collective Quorum in San Francisco.
Early life and educationEdit
Pred was born in San Francisco. She grew up in Berkeley, where her father, Allan Pred  was a professor of geography at the University of California, and in Stockholm. She attended the California College of the Arts in Oakland in the 1990's and graduated with distinction in Interdisciplinary Arts 
Pred now resides in both Oakland and Sweden with her spouse, Scott and daughter, Linnea.
Pred created an art series as a response to Supreme Court decisions limiting access to abortion and contraceptives for women. In 2007 she created an exhibit featuring items confiscated at airports for security reasons.
January, 20-21, 2017 Pred marched on Washington, DC carrying a modified police riot shield with the slogan "My Body My Business" in pink. The shield and slogan reference the right of every woman to autonomy over her own body and actions in addition to the protection of health services and care that enables women to make informed choices and decisions regarding preventative healthcare as well as family planning tools.
- "California College of the Arts: Faculty: Michele Pred." Michele Pred. California College of the Arts, 2015. Web. 08 Mar. 2015.
- "Basketball pier was hopping with Art on Paper". The Villager, March 9, 2016
- "Artist Turns Vintage Purses Into Pro-Choice Masterpieces For Trendy Feminists To Enjoy". Bustle, Jamie Cuccinelli, March 5, 2015
- "Geographer, social scientist Allan Pred dies at 70" " UC Berkeley News 09 January 2007.[www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2007/01/09_pred.shtml]
- "The Hunt Is On". Oakland Magazine, Linda Childers. September–October 2012
- . "Michele Pred: Crafty Conceptualist," Lindsey Westbrook. December 15, 2009
- Martinez, Alanna. "Pro-Choice Artist Puts Politics on Prêt-à-Porter Purses." Observer. N.p., 30 Jan. 2015. Web. 08 Mar. 2015.
- "Michele Pred Birth Control: Artist Uses Pills As A Medium In New Exhibition, 'Amendment' (PHOTOS)". Huffington Post, February 7, 2013
- "Berkeley artist reworks contraband artifacts of ‘fear culture’". Daily Californian, April 13, 2016
- "How Michele Pred Fights Fear Culture". East Bay Express, August 30, 2016 Lou Fancher.
- "Features: Women’s section". San Francisco Chronicle, By Leah Garchik. May 23, 2016
- "Meet Oakland Artist Michele Pred". Diablo Magazine, Lou Fancher, October 6, 2016
- My Body My Business
|This article needs additional or more specific categories. (January 2017)|