Michael James Roney (born July 13, 1954) is an American businessman. He was the chief executive of Bunzl plc, a British multinational distribution and outsourcing company, from 2005 to 2016. He has been the chairman of Next plc and Grafton Group since 2017.
Michael James Roney
July 13, 1954
|Alma mater||University of Michigan|
|Title||former CEO, Bunzl|
|Successor||Frank van Zanten|
|Board member of||Brown-Forman Corporation, Azelis, Next plc, Grafton Group|
Michael Roney was born on July 13, 1954. He was educated in Roman Catholic private schools in Detroit, Michigan. He graduated with an MBA from the Stephen M. Ross School of Business, University of Michigan in 1981.
In July 2016, Roney became a non-executive director of Azelis, the global speciality chemicals distributor. Roney has been the chairman of Next plc (succeeding John Barton) and Grafton Group since 2017.
- Tovey, Alan (January 30, 2016). "'We're not buying brands... but people and customer lists that give profits'". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- "Michael Roney: Chief Executive Officer at Bunzl". LinkedIn. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- Bury, Rhiannon (April 20, 2016). "Bunzl feeling the heat as 26.2pc of shareholders reject executive pay deal". Retrieved September 15, 2017 – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "Michael J. Roney: Executive Profile". BusinessWeek. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- "Appointment of Michael Roney to the Azelis Board of Directors". azelis.com. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- Musah, Razak. "Next names Michael Roney as next chairman". marketwatch.com. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- "Michael Roney, Next PLC: Profile & Biography". Bloomberg. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- Retail Editor, Deirdre Hipwell (February 15, 2017). "Roney's Next move presents stern test". Retrieved September 15, 2017 – via www.thetimes.co.uk.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "Appointment of Non-Executive Chairman". www.graftonplc.com. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|