Michael Penn (author)
His writings include the book Kissing Christians: Ritual, Community, and the Late Ancient Church (ISBN 978-0812238808). He received a Guggenheim Fellowship and other grants for studies of the Syriac Christians and their relationship to Islam. He was quoted in USA Today regarding the veracity of the Gospel of Judas.
Penn's courses at Mount Holyoke included "What Didn't Make It into the Bible" and "Sex and the Early Church". Penn studied molecular biology and was a debater at Princeton University, then received his Ph.D. from Duke University. He attended Pinewood High School in California, from which he graduated in 1989.
- "Michael Penn | Religious Studies". religiousstudies.stanford.edu. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- "Michael Penn". Mount Holyoke College. 2015-03-04. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- Bethany Pledge, "Kiss and Tell the Gospel: Michael Penn explains what the early church meant by the "holy kiss." Christianity Today, March 21, 2006.
- Rich Barlow, "Christian-Muslim history not all hostile", The Boston Globe, June 9, 2007 (pay site), reprint Archived 2012-03-14 at the Wayback Machine available at Islam Daily.
- Dan Vergano and Cathy Lynn Grossman, "Long-lost gospel of Judas recasts 'traitor'", USA Today, April 6, 2006.
- "Pinewood School Online Community". 2007-02-02. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
|This biography of an American theology academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|