Mike Dunn (baseball)
Dunn with the Florida Marlins in 2011
|Born: May 23, 1985|
Farmington, New Mexico
|September 4, 2009, for the New York Yankees|
|Last MLB appearance|
|June 14, 2019, for the Colorado Rockies|
|Earned run average||4.00|
Dunn played collegiate baseball for the College of Southern Nevada from 2003 to 2005. He was drafted by the Houston Astros in 14th round (419th overall) of the 2003 Major League Baseball draft, but did not sign.
New York YankeesEdit
Dunn was initially an outfielder, but the Yankees converted him into a pitcher. He made his minor league debut in 2006, pitching for both the GCL Yankees and the Staten Island Yankees. Dunn spent the entire 2007 season with the Charleston RiverDogs, going 12–5 with a 3.42 ERA.
Dunn was added to the Yankees' 40-man roster following the 2008 season to protect him from the Rule 5 draft. He pitched in 2009 for the Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees, until, on September 1, he was called up to the major leagues for the first time. He made his major league debut on September 4, 2009 against the Toronto Blue Jays.
On May 11, 2012, Dunn was called up by the Marlins. On May 24, he was sent back down after 4 appearances. He was called up again on June 21, after the Marlins sent Chris Hatcher to the minors.
On February 8, 2015 Dunn and the Marlins agreed to a $5.8 million, two-year contract.
On December 15, 2016, Dunn signed a three-year, $19 million contract with the Colorado Rockies. In his first season in Colorado, Dunn pitched in 68 games, collecting an ERA of 4.47 in 501⁄3 innings. In 2018, his season was cut short due to injury, only pitching in 25 games.
On June 19, 2019, the Rockies designated Dunn for assignment. He was 1–0 with a 7.13 ERA in 28 games. He was released on June 21, 2019.
On February 4, 2020, Dunn announced his retirement. He retired in order to spend more time with his family.
- "Dunn takes long road to join Yankees | yankees.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. March 19, 2010. Retrieved August 7, 2010.
- "Yankees add pitchers Anthony Claggett, Michael Dunn, Christian Garcia and Steven Jackson to roster | yankees.com: Official Info" (Press release). Newyork.yankees.mlb.com. Retrieved August 7, 2010.
- "Game 132: Yankees at Orioles (updates with Girardi pre-game audio) | The Lohud Yankees Blog". Yankees.lhblogs.com. September 1, 2009. Retrieved August 7, 2010.
- "Yankees acquire pitcher Javier Vazquez from Braves for Melky Cabera, Prospects". ESPN.com. December 22, 2009. Retrieved December 22, 2009.
- "Dunn back to Marlins on 2-year deal". ESPN. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Harding, Thomas (December 15, 2016). "Rockies, Dunn agree to 3-year deal". MLB.com. Retrieved December 15, 2016.