Michael has over 18 years experience in private equity real estate. From 1995 to 2002, he worked as an acquisition professional for the Morgan Stanley Real Estate Funds. In 2002, he founded Round Hill Capital, a real estate investment firm which has invested approximately $6 billion of capital in European real estate since its inception. His company has received criticism for its contribution to Ireland's housing crisis. 
Michael plays high goal polo competitively in England, Spain, France and the United States. He started playing polo at a young age with his father in Vermont and today plays against the top players in the world by competing in the Queens Cup, British Open, Gold Cup in Spain, and the high goal tournaments in Wellington, FL. La Indiana is the team name and is considered one of the most competitive teams in the world today. Michael was ranked the best polo Amateur in the world last year.
- "La Indiana Polo Club: Management". Archived from the original on 2013-10-23. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- Michael Bickford: Interview in St. Moritz Archived 2013-10-23 at the Wayback Machine, Polo Line, February 10, 2013
- Round Hill Capital: UK Team Archived 2013-09-18 at the Wayback Machine
- "Round Hill Capital: History". Archived from the original on 2013-09-16. Retrieved 2013-10-22.
- "Give me a crash course in... Bulk buying of housing".