|No. of offices||13|
|No. of attorneys||250|
|Major practice areas||General practice|
|Key people||David A. Krutz, |
|Founder||Edward George Ryan|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
Michael Best & Friedrich was founded in 1848 by Edward George Ryan, a Wisconsin trial attorney who later served as Chief Justice of the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Over the course of more than a hundred and sixty years, the firm expanded throughout Wisconsin and across the country through a series of expansions and mergers, eventually growing from a small legal practice to a full-service business law firm that serves clients in the United States and across the globe.
Michael Best & Friedrich's primary practice areas include labor and employment, intellectual property, tax, and healthcare. Other areas of practice the firm is known for include banking & financial services law, corporate & transactional work, energy, environmental & natural resources law, government relations & public policy work, commercial litigation and real estate.
Michael Best & Friedrich is affiliated with various global law organizations, including Lex Mundi, a network of 160 law firms with over 21,000 attorneys in more than 100 countries; the Employment Law Alliance (ELA), a global network of employment and labor law firms; and the American Property Tax Counsel (APTC), a national affiliation of property tax law firms that provides major portfolio owners with a single source of tax advice.
- William A. Bablitch, Justice of the Wisconsin Supreme Court (1983-2003) 
- Steven M. Biskupic, former United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Wisconsin 
- David J. Cannon, former United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Matthew H. Carpenter, United States Senator (1869-1875; 1879-1881) 
- Stephen L. Crocker, United States Magistrate Judge for the Western District of Wisconsin (1992–Present) 
- Michelle L. Jacobs, former United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Wisconsin 
- Reince Priebus, Chairman of the Republican National Committee (2011–2017) and White House Chief of Staff (2017) 
- Edward George Ryan, Chief Justice of the Wisconsin Supreme Court (1874-1880) 
- "Michael Best & Friedrich". The American Lawyer. Retrieved 2019-04-02.
- "Michael Best & Friedrich LLP | Company Profile from Hoover's". Hoovers.com. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- "Firms entering Chicago market see opportunity to grow" (PDF). Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- Kirchen, Rich (2013-11-20). "Michael Best & Friedrich buys Salt Lake City's Vantus firm". Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- "Organizational Profile of Michael Best & Friedrich LLP". The National Law Review. 17 December 2017.
- Lex Mundi
- Employment Law Alliance
- American Property Tax Counsel
- The Daily Page
- Rabideau, Amy (2011-02-17). "Bablitch a longtime public servant". Jsonline.com. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- Rabideau, Amy (2011-08-02). "Cannon served as Milwaukee County DA, U.S. attorney". Jsonline.com. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- Huey-Burns, Caitlin (January 24, 2011). "10 Things You Didn't Know About Reince Priebus". usnews.com. U.S. News & World Report, L.P. p. 1. Archived from the original on September 12, 2012. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- "Reince Priebus". The Washington Post. Retrieved February 16, 2014.
- Jackson, Hallie; Tur, Katy; Jaffe, Alexandra (November 13, 2016). "Donald Trump Names RNC Chair Reince Priebus Chief of Staff". nbcnews.com. NBC News. p. 1. Retrieved November 13, 2016.
- "Wisconsin Court System - Edward G. Ryan". Wicourts.gov. 2016-02-05. Retrieved 2016-11-14.