Metro Pacific Investments Corporation
Metro Pacific Investments Corporation is a Philippine-based unit investment holding company of First Pacific Company Limited through Metro Pacific Holdings, Inc. The Company through its subsidiaries, provides water, sanitation, and sewerage services and also operates in real estate, and infrastructure projects. It also invests in some hospitals in the Philippines.
|Public Investment company|
|Traded as||PSE: MPI|
|Founded||March 20, 2006|
|PHP593 Million (2008)|
|Owner||Metro Pacific Holdings Inc. (55.9%)|
GT Capital Holdings, Inc. (15.6%)
|Parent||First Pacific Company|
|Subsidiaries||DMCI – MPIC Water Company |
Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation
Metro Pacific Corporation
Beacon Electric Asset Holdings Inc.
In May 2016, GT Capital Holdings Inc. acquired 15.6 percent of MPIC, which will, in turn, buy control over GT Capital’s Global Business Power Corporation in a deal worth PHP 29.89 billion. GT Capital acquired 3.6 billion new common shares in MPIC at PHP 6.10 per share amounting to a stake of 11.4 percent on an expanded capital base for a total cash consideration of PHP 21.96 billion. It also acquired a further 1.3 billion common shares in MPIC from Metro Pacific Holdings, Inc. (MPHI), a Philippine affiliate of First Pacific Company, at the same price, for a total of PHP 7.93 billion in cash. These transactions result in GT Capital holding an overall stake of 15.6 percent of the common share capital of MPIC in a new business alliance between the two business groups.
- Maynilad Water Holding Company Inc. - owns 83.96% controlling stake of Maynilad Water Services
- Metropac Water Investments Corporation
- Manila Water Consortium Inc.
- Cebu Manila Water Development Inc.
- Tuan Loc Water Resources Investment Joint Stock Company (Vietnam) - 49%
- Manila Water Consortium Inc.
- Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation
- Manila Electric Company (MERALCO) - holds 10.5% direct stake
- Global Business Power (GBP)
- Metpower Venture Partners -
- Beacon Electric Asset Holdings Inc. - holds 35% stake in MERALCO
- METRO PACIFIC TOLLWAYS
- NLEX Corporation - holds the concession rights to construct, operate and maintain the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) and the Subic–Clark–Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX).
- Ho Chi Minh City Infrastructure Investment Joint Stock Company (Vietnam)
- Don Muang Tollway Public Company Ltd. (Thailand)
- Cavitex Infrastructure Corporation (CIC) - holds the concession rights for the operation and maintenance of the Manila–Cavite Expressway (CAVITEX).
- Light Rail Manila Corporation - a joint venture railway company with Ayala Corporation that operates the Manila Line 1 under a 32-year concession agreement with the Light Rail Transit Authority
- Metropac Movers, Inc. (MMI) - is the logistics arm and a subsidiary of infrastructure conglomerate, Metro Pacific Investments Corporation.
- Metro Pacific Hospital Holdings, Inc. (MPHHI)
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Manila (20-year lease through EMHMC)
- Asian Hospital and Medical Center (86% Stake), Muntinlupa
- Cardinal Santos Medical Center, San Juan (100% stake) (through CVHMC)
- Makati Medical Center (33% stake), Makati
- Sacred Heart Hospital of Malolos (51% stake), Malolos City, Bulacan
- Marikina Valley Medical Center (93% stake)
- De Los Santos Medical Center (51% stake), Quezon City
- Delgado Memorial Hospital (65% stake), Quezon City
- Central Luzon Doctors Hospital, Tarlac City
- Riverside Medical Center, Bacolod
- East Manila Hospital Managers Corporation (EMHMC) operates Our Lady Of Lourdes Hospital
- Colinas Verdes Hospital Managers Corporation (CVHMC) operates Cardinal Santos Medical Center
- "Metro Pacific expects net income to rise 30%". Manila, Philippines: The Philippine Star. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- Metro Pacific Investments Corporation retrieved May 2, 2013
- [dead link]
- Gonzales, Iris (3 April 2018). "MPIC acquires 49% of Vietnam water firm". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Metro Pacific Inverstments Corporation - Official website