MetroLyrics is a lyrics-dedicated website, founded in December 2002. The MetroLyrics database contains over 1 million songs performed by over 16,000 artists.
|Founded||December 30, 2002|
|Headquarters||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Founder(s)||Milun Tesovic, Alan Juristovski|
|Alexa rank||4,430 (April 2018[update])|
MetroLyrics was the first lyrics-dedicated site to license licensing aggregator Gracenote Inc.'s lyrics catalogue in April 2008. Through this lyrics licensing model, lyrics copyright holders accrue royalty revenue when their work is displayed on MetroLyrics.com, which MetroLyrics recuperates by collecting money from banner advertisements on the site. Royalties are paid on all displayed lyrics and are handled through Gracenote. In January 2013, LyricFind acquired Gracenote's lyrics licensing business, merging it in with their own. MetroLyrics' licensing model is distinct, as many lyrics websites still offer content that is allegedly unlicensed and copyright infringing.
- "MetroLyrics.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-03-26.
- MetroLyrics: How a B.C. teen created one of the world's biggest music sites
- "MetroLyrics.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- Metroleap.com Archived 2011-02-26 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Welcoming Gracenote and Larry Marcus!". January 15, 2013. Archived from the original on November 9, 2014. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- Plambeck, Joseph (May 9, 2010). "Lyrics Sites at Center of Fight Over Royalties". The New York Times. Retrieved May 9, 2010.
- "CBS Interactive Music Group broadens distribution of its core assets to metrolyrics.com's Global Audience of more than 25 million users". Archived from the original on October 8, 2011. Retrieved October 6, 2011.