Metástasis (meaning "metastasis" in Spanish) is an American, Spanish-language version of the U.S. crime drama Breaking Bad. It follows all five seasons of Breaking Bad, with very few exceptions and little additions not seen in the original version. A few minor scenes were shot differently than in Breaking Bad, but this does not change the storyline.
|Based on||Breaking Bad|
by Vince Gilligan
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||62|
|Production locations||Bogotá, Colombia and surroundings|
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Television|
|Original release||June 12 –|
September 5, 2014
Sony Entertainment Television (Latin America) worked with Colombian producer Teleset on the series, which is set in Bogotá, Colombia, and its surroundings and consists of 62 50-minute-long episodes. The directors are Andy Baiz and Andrés Biermann.
The series stars Diego Trujillo as Walter Blanco (Walter White) and Roberto Urbina [es] as José Miguel Rosas (Jesse Pinkman), alongside Sandra Reyes [es] as Cielo Blanco (Skyler White) and Julián Arango as Henry Navarro (Hank Schrader). The equivalent of Saul Goodman is named Saúl Bueno. Mexican actor Damián Alcázar played the show's equivalent of Tuco Salamanca.
- In the United States, the series is being transmitted by UniMás, a Univisión channel
- In Colombia, Caracol Television broadcast the series.
- In Mexico, Televisa's Channel 5 broadcasts the series Monday through Friday at midnight.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||7||June 12, 2014||N/A|
|2||13||June 23, 2014||July 9, 2014|
|3||13||July 10, 2014||July 28, 2014|
|4||13||July 29, 2014||August 14, 2014|
|5||16||August 15, 2014||September 5, 2014|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2021)
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2016||Best antagonistic actor of telenovela or series||Frank Ramirez||Won|
|2016||Best Supporting Actor in a Series||Julian Arango||Nominated|
- David Redondo (2013-10-03). "'Metástasis', la versión latina de 'Breaking Bad'" ["Metástasis, the Latin version of "Breaking Bad""]. Cadena Ser (in Spanish).
- Patten, Dominic (May 10, 2013). "Univision Announces Adaptations of Breaking Bad & Gossip Girl for Hispanic Market". Deadline Hollywood. PMC. Retrieved May 14, 2013.
- O'Connell, Michael (May 13, 2013). "Univision and Sony Firm Up Plans for a Breaking Bad Spanish-language Remake". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved May 14, 2013.
- "Metástasis" on Teleset website Archived 2016-09-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Roxborough, Scott (October 2, 2013). "Meet Walter Blanco: Breaking Bad Gets Spanish-language Version". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- Bennett, Laura (February 7, 2014). "The Amazing World of Breaking Bad en Español". New Statesman. Progressive Media International. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
- "Matástasis", Televisa Canal 5 website, retrieved 2014-07-27
- Laura Rojas (2013-10-31). "Detalles exclusivos de Metástasis, la adaptación de Breaking Bad" [Exclusive details about Metástasis, the adaptation of Breaking Bad]. Enter.co (in Spanish). Retrieved 2014-07-20.
- @ElUniversalCtg (2016-03-05). "Y los ganadores de los premios India Catalina 2016 son..." [Y los ganadores de los premios India Catalina 2016 son...]. Eluniversal.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- Tvynovelas (2016-02-26). "Estos son los nominados a los Premios TVyNovelas 2016" [These are the nominees for the TVyNovelas 2016 Awards]. tvynovelas.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2016-02-26.