Early life and educationEdit
Merris began her Bachelor of Fine Arts at RMIT University in Melbourne in 1969, majoring in painting. She graduated in 1971 and went on to study printmaking at the Prahran College of Advanced Education in 1972. She graduated with a Diploma of Fine Art (Printmaking) in 1975.
In 1973 she began working in the Pathology Department at the Royal Women's Hospital in Melbourne as a medical artist and photographer. She also taught painting in her own studio and various centres.
- Western Pacific Print Biennale: 1977
- Statewide Building Society (solo exhibition): 1984
- Wyreena Gallery: 1987
- Germaine, Max, 1914–2006. (1991). A dictionary of women artists of Australia. Roseville East, NSW, Australia: Craftsman House. ISBN 9768097132. OCLC 26591029.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Hillard, Merris Estelle. Artist File, Women's Art Register. Richmond, Victoria
- Germaine, Max (1992). A Dictionary of Women Artists of Australia. Roseville East, NSW: Craftsman House BVI Ltd. p. 208. ISBN 9768097132.
- "[First] Mornington Peninsula Print Prize". Centre for Australian Art. 20 July 2019.
- Crouch Prize. Crouch Prize: Australian Gallery File. pp. https://trove.nla.gov.au/work/32484312.