Meredith Marakovits (born July 22, 1983) is the New York Yankees' clubhouse reporter for the YES Network. Marakovits reports on the team within the network’s Yankees game telecasts, pre- and post-game shows, and the Yankees Batting Practice Today show. Marakovits also appears on the network's special Yankees programming and will contribute to the YESNetwork.com web site. She also has appeared on MLB Network.
Meredith Marakovits in 2013
July 22, 1983
|Alma mater||La Salle University|
Early life and educationEdit
Marakovits graduated from Central Catholic High School in Allentown, Pennsylvania. She was inducted into the Rockne Wall Hall of Fame in December 2015. Marakovits earned a scholarship to play volleyball at the NCAA Division I level at La Salle University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She graduated from La Salle in 2005.
Before her work in Philadelphia, Marakovits also served as the pre- and post-game host and sideline reporter for the Lehigh Valley IronPigs (The Philadelphia Phillies' AAA affiliate) Television Network in Allentown, Pennsylvania, which was operated by Service Electric Cable TV and Communications. Marakovits also worked for Service Electric's 2 Sports division as a sideline reporter for college football, indoor football, and college basketball broadcasts.
Marakovits covered the New York Yankees as a reporter for 1050 ESPN Radio in New York in 2010. Before her move to New York, she served as the Philadelphia Phillies beat reporter for 97.5 The Fanatic/950 ESPN Radio. She worked as a sideline reporter for the Philadelphia 76ers on Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia. Her last 76ers broadcast was on April 4, 2012. Her previous experience also includes stints as an anchor for SportsNet New York (SNY); contributor for WFAN (660 AM) radio in New York, N.Y.; contributor on SNY programs The Wheelhouse, The Daily News Live, and Geico Sportsnite; and fill-in anchor on Comcast SportsNet New England.
- "Meredith Marakovits joins the YES Network". YES Network. November 21, 2012. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- "Mcall.com: Groller's Corner Blog". mcall.com. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Meredith Marakovits to cover Yankees for YES Network". tribunedigital-mcall. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- Michael Blouse. "Meredith Marakovits called up to cover New York Yankees for ESPN 1050 AM". lehighvalleylive.com. Retrieved February 6, 2012.
- "CSN Sixers sideline reporter leaving". Philly.com. February 22, 1999. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- "Marakovits replaces Kim Jones on YES". ESPNNewYork.com. March 21, 2012. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- "Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved June 24, 2015.