Members of the New South Wales Legislative Council, 2011–2015
Members of the New South Wales Legislative Council who served in the 55th Parliament were elected at the 2007 and 2011 elections. As members serve eight-year terms, half of the Council was elected in 2007 and did not face re-election in 2011, and the members elected in 2011 did not face re-election until 2019. The President was Don Harwin.
- Labor MLC Eddie Obeid resigned on 10 May 2011. Walt Secord was appointed to the vacancy on 20 May.
- Labor MLC John Hatzistergos resigned on 19 May 2011. Adam Searle was appointed to the vacancy on 20 May.
- Labor MLC Tony Kelly resigned on 6 June 2011. Steve Whan was appointed to the vacancy on 20 June.
- Eric Roozendaal had been appointed in 2004 as a member of the Labor Party. In November 2012, Roozendaal was suspended from the party and sat as an Independent. He resigned from the Council on 9 May 2013, and Ernest Wong was appointed to fill the vacancy on 24 May 2013.
- Cate Faehrmann resigned on 18 June 2013, to contest the Senate in the 2013 Federal election. Mehreen Faruqi was appointed to the vacancy on 19 June 2013.
- Marie Ficarra withdrew from the parliamentary Liberal party in April 2014, to serve as an Independent, following her implication in corruption allegations investigated by the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC).
- Mike Gallacher withdrew from the parliamentary Liberal party in May 2014, to serve as an Independent, following his implication in corruption allegations investigated by ICAC.
- The changes to the composition of the council, in chronological order, were Obeid resigned,[a] Hatzistergos resigned,[b] Kelly resigned,[c] Roozendaal sat as an Independent,[d] Faehrmann resigned,[e] Ficarra sat as an Independent,[f] Gallacher sat as an Independent,[g]
- "Former members of the New South Wales Parliament". New South Wales Parliament. Retrieved 28 May 2020.
- "Part 3 Members of the Legislative Council" (PDF). New South Wales Parliamentary Record. Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 28 May 2020.
- Two new NSW Labor MPs sworn in Archived 5 October 2012 at the Wayback Machine, ninemsn, 25 May 2011.
- Gerathy, Sarah (8 November 2012). "Labor suspends Roozendaal over corruption claims". ABC News. Australia. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Coultan, Mark (9 May 2013). "Former minister Eric Roozendaal quits NSW parliament with a parting swipe at Labor". The Australian. AAP. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- "Ernest Wong elected to replace Roozendaal in NSW Parliament". ABC News. Australia. 24 May 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Part Ten - Officers of Parliament" (PDF). NSW Parliamentary Record. Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 28 May 2020.[h]