Mehrarun ke Durdasa (Bhojpuri: 𑂧𑂵𑂯𑂩𑂰𑂩𑂳𑂢 𑂍𑂵 𑂠𑂳𑂩𑂠𑂮𑂰 ; IAST: Meharārun ke durdasā; lit. "The Plight of Women") is a Bhojpuri play by Rahul Sankrityayan. It is the depiction of pathetic status of women in the male dominated society. It was published in the book named Tīn nāṭak (three plays) which was published in 1942.
|Mehrarun ke Durdasa|
|Written by||Rahul Sankrityayan|
|Subject||Plight of Women|
- Lachhimi : The Protagonist (girl)
- Jasodara : Lachhimi's Friend
- Seeta : Lachhimi's Friend
- Ramkali : Lachhimi's Mother
- Sukha : Village women
- Udho Parsad : Lachhimi's Brother
- Ramkhelawan Lal
- Farguddi Upadhiya
The play shows the problems, discrimination and tortures faced by women in the society like Female foeticide, Sati Practice, Parda system. The play also advocates equal property rights for women. Sometimes it has also criticised Idol worship.
- ^ Immortal Heroes : Lives of Communist Leaders. Communist Party of India. 1975. p. 130.
- ^ Comprehensive History of Bihar, Volume 3, Issue 2. Kashi Prasad Jayaswal Research Institute. 1976.
- ^ Rāhula kathā sāhitya. Ilāhābāda Saṅgrahālaya. 1994. p. 30.
- ^ Itihāsa, Issues 2-3. Rājakamala Prakāśana. 1993.
- ^ Upadhyay, Krishnadev (1972). Bhojpuri Sahitya ka Itihas. Varanasi: Bharatiya Lok Sanskriti Shodh Sansthan. p. 327.