Mehran Shahintab, is Iranian Basketball coach. Currently, he is head coach of the Iranian national team. He led Saba Battery BC to Asian championship at the 19th Asian Clubs Basketball Championships taking place in Kuwait.
|Born||March 21, 1966|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Accomplishments and honors|
|FIBA Asia Championship (2013)|
FIBA Asia Cup (2014)
Shahintab began his career at the age of 16 and soon became the member of Iran National Junior Team in 1985. From 1991 to 1998 he played for Rah-Ahan Basketball Club for 8 consecutive seasons. Shahintab joined Peykan Basketball Club in 1998 and with them he reached the I.R. Iran Super League final.
In total, he played 16 seasons in Iran's top-tier level super league, playing with Pas, Persepolis,Rah-Ahan , Peykan and Azad University Basketball Club.
Shahintab's first competition with the senior Iran National basketball team was the 1989 ABC Championship in Beijing, China. He helped Iran National basketball team to achieved the 4th place in 1993 ABC Championship in Jakarta . In 1995 after playing for Iran National basketball team in Asian Basketball Confederation (ABC) Championship in Seoul Shahintab announced his retire from international competition.
- Iranian Formal Coaches FIBA Coaching Library
- Coach Mehran Shahintab named assistant coach of Iran NT FIBA Asia
- Iran's Saba Battery retains Asian crown Archived 2014-08-08 at the Wayback Machine PressTV
- "1990 Asian Games", Wikipedia, 2019-09-10, retrieved 2019-10-01
- "1993 ABC Championship", Wikipedia, 2017-03-11, retrieved 2019-10-01
- "1995 ABC Championship", Wikipedia, 2017-03-11, retrieved 2019-10-01
|This biographical article relating to an Iranian basketball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|