Meg Swansen is a knitting designer, owner of Schoolhouse Press and the daughter of Elizabeth Zimmermann. Similar to her mother, she has helped to popularize knitting and is a well-respected author and knitting teacher, especially at her knitting retreats. Swansen also writes a long-running regular column in Vogue Knitting called "Meg Swansen on...", which covers everything from the Turkish cast on (Fall 2005), to lace knitting (Spring/Summer 2006), to the recherché Scandinavian two-end knitting (Winter 2006/2007).
- Meg Swansen; director Cully Swansen (2007). Knitting Lace with Meg Swansen (dvd). Schoolhouse Press. ASIN B000U7VRHS.
- Swansen, M (2005). A Gathering of Lace (2nd ed.). Schoolhouse Press. ISBN 978-1-893762-24-4.
- Swansen, M (1999). Meg Swansen's Knitting: 30 Designs for Hand Knitting. Loveland, CO: Interweave Press. ISBN 978-1-883010-58-4.
- Swansen, M (1995). Handknitting with Meg Swansen. Schoolhouse Press. ISBN 978-0-942018-08-0.
- Guensburg, Carol. (April 12, 1997) Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Knitting's not just a craft, it's philosophy, guru says. For Meg Swansen , knitting is a passion, almost a religion. Section: At home; Page 10C.
- Welch, Lynn. (October 26, 2006) The Capital Times Crafters celebrate knitting legend. Section: Savvy; Page B1.
- Fallick, M (1996). Knitting in America. Artisan Books. ISBN 978-1-885183-27-9.
- Malcolm, T (Fall 2007). "Knitting's old guard speaks out". Vogue Knitting. 25 (2): 68–84.
- Adorno, J (2004). "The Secrets of Knitting Camp". Knitty. 3.
- Wortel, K (2003). "Sweaters from Camp: 38 Color-Patterned Designs from Meg Swansen's Knitting Campers". Knitty. 2.
- Wall Street Journal (July 21, 1995) Sing "Kumbayarn"! Crafty campers trek to knitting retreats. Section A; Page A1.
- "The secrets of knitting camp". Knitty magazine. Retrieved 2007-08-14. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)