Maurice VI de Craon
|Maurice VI de Craon|
|Lord of Craon|
Ecu losangé d'or et de gueules
|Coat of arms||Ecu losanges d'or et de gueules|
|Predecessor||Maurice V de Craon|
|Successor||Amaury II de Craon|
|Died||10 February 1292|
|Wife||Mahaut de Malines|
|Father||Maurice V de Craon|
|Mother||Isabella of Lusignan|
|Occupation||Ambassador to England|
He served as ambassador to England. On his return, 1 February 1292, in Paris, he wrote his testament and, ten days later, died.
Marriage, issue and successionEdit
- Amaury III, (c. 1278-1333) who succeeded to the titles.
- Marie de Craon, Lady of Châtelais, married 25 August 1303 Robert de Brienne, Viscount of Beaumont and Maine and Lord of Pouancé. She died 21 August 1312.
- Isabelle de Craon, wife of Olivier de Clisson, died 30 June 1310 and was interred in the family tomb built for her father.
- Jeanne de Craon, died 25 August 1312 unmarried and without issue.
- Sainte-Marie, Anselme de; Sainte-Rosalie, Ange de (1733). Histoire de la Maison Royale de France, et des grands officiers de la Couronne [History of the Royal House of France, and of the Great Officers of the Crown] (in French). libr. associés. p. 569.
- Moréri, Louis; Goujet, Abbé; Drouet, M. (1759). Le Grand dictionnaire historique ... [The Great Historical Dictionary] (in French). Paris: libraires associés. p. 236.
- "Mathilde Marie Berthout". Royal Ancestry File. Royal Blood. Retrieved 2015-10-21. External link in