Maura Genovesi (born May 25, 1973 in Lucca) is an Italian sport shooter. She won a silver medal in women's sport pistol at the 2008 ISSF World Cup series in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, accumulating a score of 784.9 points. Genovesi is a member of the shooting team for Gruppo Sportivo Forestale, and is coached and trained by Aldo Andreotti.
|Born||25 May 1973|
|Height||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||54 kg (119 lb)|
|Event(s)||10 m air pistol (AP40)|
25 m pistol (SP)
|Club||Gruppo Sportivo Forestale|
|Coached by||Aldo Andreotti|
Genovesi represented Italy at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, where she competed in two pistol shooting events. She placed twenty-eighth out of forty-four shooters in the women's 10 m air pistol, by one point ahead of Hungary's Zsófia Csonka from the final attempt, with a total score of 378 targets. Three days later, Genovesi competed for her second event, 25 m pistol, where she was able to shoot 291 targets in the precision stage, and 285 in the rapid fire, for a total score of 576 points, finishing only in twenty-fourth place.
- "CONI Profile – Maura Genovesi" (in Italian). Italian National Olympic Committee. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Maura Genovesi". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "ISSF Profile – Maura Genovesi". ISSF. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "Tiro a Segno: Maura Genovesi seconda a Rio nella Pistola Sportiva" [Shooting: Maura Genovesi finishes second in sport pistol at Rio] (in Italian). Blogo Italiano. 27 March 2008. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "Women's 10m Air Pistol Qualification". NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 16 August 2012. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "Women's 25m Pistol Qualification". NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 16 August 2012. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
|This biographical article relating to sport shooting in Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|