Matthew Jonathan Raggett is an educationist, writer and the former headmaster of The Doon School, the all-boys boarding school in Dehradun, India. He succeeded Peter McLaughlin in 2016, becoming the tenth headmaster of the school. Raggett resigned in January 2020. He was the fourth Englishman in Doon's history to head the school, appointed after a gap of 46 years after the last English headmaster, C. J. Miller retired in 1970. He was a member of The Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference, UK. 
Raggett at the Doon School
|Born||1972 (age 47–48)|
|Occupation||Academic, writer, former headmaster of the The Doon School|
|Alma mater||Newcastle University (BSc) |
University of Worcester (PGCE)
Charles Sturt University (MBA)
|Subject||Mathematics, Theoretical Physics, Philosophy of Education|
Raggett was the secondary principal of Leipzig International School till 2016. He then joined the Doon School, succeeding Peter McLaughlin as the tenth headmaster of the all-boys school in Dehradun.  In April 2018, he featured prominently in Indian Summer School, a Channel 4 documentary and educational experiment in which three working class British boys spent a few months in Doon with the purpose of improving their grades.
At Doon, Raggett introduced the IGCSE assessments for Grade 10, in addition to the previously existing International Baccalaureate and the Indian School Certificate. Along with the board of governors, Raggett has focused on making the school more accessible to boys from parts of India that were less represented at Doon in the past decade, especially the Northeast and South India.
He has also written Your Child's First Steps Towards Success and How Your Child Can Win in Life both published by Juggernaut Books in 2019.
In January 2020, Raggett stepped down as the tenth headmaster of Doon, citing personal reasons.
- Read. "It's a spartan life at 'the Eton of India'". The Spectator. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "After 8 decades, Doon School looks to South, East for students | dehradun". Hindustan Times. 22 April 2016. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Educationists deliberate on enabling students to meet 'VUCA' challenges | lucknow". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 17 July 2017.
- "The Doon School". HMC. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Raggett is Principal of Doon School". Tribuneindia.com. 13 July 2016. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- Share on FacebookShare on Twitter (17 June 2017). "Kedar child survivors say education helping them rebuild lives | Dehradun News - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 17 July 2017.
- "Matthew Raggett joins The Doon School as 10th headmaster - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 12 July 2016. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Dehradun: Keeping the traditional schools company in the rash of new-age institutions". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 17 July 2017.
- "Indian Summer School review – five terrible teens are sent to India's equivalent of Eton | Television & radio". The Guardian. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- "Indian Summer School - All 4". Channel4.com. 29 March 2018. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- "Dehradun: Keeping the traditional schools company in the rash of new-age institutions - The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Doon School: Doon School looks for more boys from south | Bengaluru News - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 20 March 2017. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "The Doon School comes hunting for exceptional boys | Vadodara News - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 5 August 2018. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- How Your Child Can Win in Life: The Doon School Headmaster on Raising Kids Who Love to Learn by Matthew Raggett, Juggernaut Books, 2019 ISBN 978-9353450342
- Chhota Hazri Days: A Dosco's Yatra by Sanjiv Bathla, Rupa & Co., 2010 ISBN 978-81-291-1694-9.
- The Corporeal Image by David McDougall, Princeton University Press, 2006, ISBN 978-0-691-12156-7.
- Doon, The Story of a School, IPSS (1985) edited by Sumer Singh, published by the Indian Public Schools Society 1985.
- Constructing Post-Colonial India: National Character and the Doon School by Sanjay Srivastva, published by Routledge 1998 ISBN 0-203-98027-1.
| Headmaster of The Doon School