Background and educationEdit
Witten grew up in Cincinnati and graduated from Brandeis University. He lives in the Los Angeles area with his wife and two sons. He is the son of Louis Witten and the brother of Edward Witten, both of whom are theoretical physicists.
Sacred Journey (2000)
- Bristow, Ginger (6 February 2000). "Spa City author a TV success". Albany Times-Union.
- Marchese, Eric (23 June 2000). "A writer with a conscience PROFILE: Whether writing plays, television scripts or novels, Matt Witten's sense of social issues is rarely out of the picture". Orange County Register.
- De Vries, Hilary (26 August 1998). "Playwright Matt Witten: Has He Got a 'Deal' for You". Los Angeles Times.
- Marchese, Eric (30 June 2000). "You couldn't ask for a better 'Deal' REVIEW: At City Theatre in Long Beach, Matt Witten's drama explores the ethics of an FBI sting". Orange County Register.
- Phillips, Michael (27 June 2000). "Theater Review; Bribes and Corruption in 'The Deal' (review)". Los Angeles Times.
- Foster, Catherine (6 June 2002). "Playwrights Use Platform to Test the Waters". Boston Globe.
- Dominguez, Robert (10 October 2000). "One Indian's Journey; Play tracks his troubled times in New York (review)". New York Daily News.
- Lopez, Michael (8 May 1999). "Coffee & clues Saratoga Springs plays a guessing game about who's who in Matt Witten's murder mystery". Albany Times-Union.
- Dooley, Kathleen (17 November 2000). "Local authors show they have the write stuff". Times-Union.
- Bistrow, Ginger (6 February 2000). "It's well-written; `Grand Delusion' a murder yarn set in Spa City". Albany Times-Union.
- "Grand Delusion (book review)". Publisher's Weekly.
- Ringwals, Christopher (4 February 2001). "Murder close to home (book review)". Albany Times-Union.